Putin presents the Order of Parental Glory to a Russian Jehovah's Witness family

by OrphanCrow 47 Replies latest jw friends

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Ah...that is an update from what was published earlier. This is what it first said:

https://jw-russia.org/news/17060606-176.html

The family of Jehovah's Witnesses took the order from the hands of the head of state
    May 31, 2017 in Moscow, at a meeting in the Kremlin, the president handed Valery and Tatiana Novik, Jehovah's Witnesses from Karelia, the Order of "Parental Glory". At the awarding ceremony was also attended by all six children Novikov.
    The Order is awarded to parents of large families, who are setting an example to strengthen the institution of the family and the upbringing of children, form a socially responsible family and lead a healthy lifestyle, provide a full and harmonious development of personality of children, a high level of care for their health, education, physical, spiritual and moral development.
    In reply, referring to the spiritual and moral development of children, Valery Novik quoted text from the Bible, which serves as a reference for it, both for the parents: "Train up a boy on the right path; he will not depart from it, even when you are old "(Proverbs 22: 6).
  • darkspilver
    darkspilver

yeah, as I said, seems to be a confusion regarding number of attendees

Besides I understood that you needed SEVEN children minimum for the award, NOT just six

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    ds: Besides I understood that you needed SEVEN children minimum for the award, NOT just six

Yeah, it's a bit confusing.

From what I understand, there is a Medal of Order of Parental Glory that a family can apply for once they have 4 children. The medal is given to those families that qualify along with a financial award.

It is when a family has seven children and over that they can apply for admission into the Order of Parental Glory, to receive a medal along with a financial award.

The Novik family would have went through an application process to receive their medal and $. They would have initiated the award (or someone did it for them) by applying for it.

Sort of like the Telly Awards - it is given to those who ask for it.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Sort of like the Telly Awards - it is given to those who ask for it.

haha, I wouldn't put it quite like that

there's lots of things you need to apply for, even though you are 'automatically' qualified for them:

https://www.gov.uk/get-birthday-anniversary-message-from-queen

but, yeah, they, or someone else, would have needed to apply.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Very interesting. This smacks of the local branch putting it together for what seems like obvious reasons. I too would really like an interpretation of the fathers speech in context. Very bizarre.

• waton
    waton
    too would really like an interpretation of the fathers speech in context. Very bizarre. dsp:

at least he would have wt "ministry school" training to get the point across not as a novice, (his family name notwithstanding) ha ha. The a-"cross" unintended pun too. May be he wanted to get the whole thing off his chest?

• rebel8
    rebel8

omg this is SO BIZARRE

A family obeying the edict to not procreate--to an extreme degree

story posted on jay dubbie dot borg

I give up again

• WHATSGOINGON
    WHATSGOINGON

Nice to see the priest there, hmm so we are not allowed to visit a church for a wedding or funeral but they can go when this guy is there.....

WGO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit