Putin presents the Order of Parental Glory to a Russian Jehovah's Witness family

by OrphanCrow 47 Replies latest jw friends

• sparky1
    sparky1

Where are the JW.ORG buttons for the adults and Caleb and Sophia buttons for the children? It was a missed opportunity to 'witness' for Jehovah under the most special of circumstances.

• steve2
    steve2

Who'd have thought a Russian JW father would proudly wear a cross pattee badge on his lapel?

I'd be astonished if that photo makes it on any pro-JW forum - and if it does, hope it leads to even more awkward moments.

• waton
    waton

Who knows, the Russians are Chess players, May be Mr Putin heard about all these recent JW letters, acknowledging his power, and he is awarding this couple with a medal for it?. and the secret of the Novik family? well with 8 kids, there was never much money for papa's drink, besides the watchful eyes of Wt elders, and Mrs. Novik? well, with her size there was little chance that she would put up with the wife beatings so common in Putin's realm. So: a brilliant move.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Steve: I'd be astonished if that photo makes it on any pro-JW forum

It already has.

That photo was posted on JWtalk long before it made it on here. And, it was published on jw-russia.org which has this at the bottom of the page:

Copyright © 2017 Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania .
    All Rights Reserved.

Where do you think I found the photo and story, Steve? Lol! I first read about it on a very much proJW website - an officially sanctioned one, no less.

• steve2
    steve2

Orphan Crow I admit to feeling astonished! The irony, if not the hypocrisy, of JW organization parading one of their own not only being lauded by secular authorities but proudly wearing a pagan symbol infused with the cross pattee emblem of Christendom.

• steve2
    steve2

At the risk of tempting issue fatigue, I also note the inscription refers to "parental glory". Isn't this inscription at odds with JW organization's declaration that no human should take on glory as it belongs to Jehovah alone? In fact, that's one of JWs' arguments against celebrating birthdays ( it draws attention and puts the glory on the individual when it should be on Jehovah).

To the thinking mind, none of this fits well with the beliefs, claims and ethos of JW organization.

• stillin
    stillin

How about we all sing a round of For He's a Jolly Good Fellow! Like we do at all of the Witness get-togethers.

• Funchback
    Funchback

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/president-putin-gives-parenting-award-to-jehovahs-witnesses-300471078.html

David A. Semonian, a spokesman for Jehovah's Witnesses at their world headquarters, states: "We view this award as an acknowledgement that the free Bible education provided by Jehovah's Witnesses helps parents and their children to be productive citizens not only in Russia but all over the world. We hope that this award presented by President Putin is considered on July 17, 2017, when the Russian Supreme Court reviews the decision to liquidate the Administrative Center of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia."

Of course, leaving out the parts about child abuse cover-ups, shunning, etc.

• fadingtruth2
    fadingtruth2

The article has now been added to JW.org

www.jw.org/en/news/releases/by-region/russia/president-putin-gives-parenting-award-to-jehovahs-witnesses/

I wonder if they'll eventually remove this article down the road like they did with the Kushner interview.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Someone send this to Putin!

Im sure he will take the award away....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit