OK friends lets be honest, if a Nuclear Holocaust took place today how many of you would return to the KH?

by James Mixon 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

What makes you think the building would still be standing? jws are no preppers either and each one would be out for number one, at least in the US.

I happen to live at ground zero so I would be vaporized.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    This is an interesting hypothetical situation that you present. In my own personal case, I love this beautiful planet more than I love human beings (I do love my fellow man, but just not as much). The ONLY reason I could excuse some extraterrestrial being for destroying civilization as we know it would be because that higher being is merely trying to save the planet from complete annihilation. That being said, I think if God actually existed, he would thwart the nuclear war before it got started. If one-fourth of the planet is already destroyed, then you can bet your last silver dollar that there is no God. Either way, I'd rather eat pig vomit than put myself under the yoke of the magnificent seven. Never again.
  • kairos
    kairos

This an amazing subject to me for a number of reasons:

1. I was very fearful of nuclear war in the '80s. We did "duck and cover" drills on the school playground, watched movies in the classroom and the TV special "the Day After" came out.

2. I started studying with the JWs when I was 18 and was baptized in 1989.

3. WT doctrine used the bible verses that assured us that the earth would last forever, would be inhabited and the days would be "cut short" or no flesh would survive, etc. ( that satisfied me).

4. Fast forward to 2010. I'm awakening from the cult <full throttle>. Yet, no longer scared.

The nuclear powers that exist today, none of them want to end themselves.
    The nations are actually starting to come together.

It's no longer a focus of mine. It's out of my hands and we all are going to die, one way or another.
    Where I live, would not be a nuke target. I would be fully aware, as SF is line of sight as is Fairfield , CA, home to Travis AFB. ( which is about 1/4 mile from the FF assembly hall, FYI )

None of this means anything.

Good Luck!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think that the Thread Title discloses an inner fear that still lingers for some who have only recently left and who have not proven to themselves 100% that 1) everything about the JW religion is false, and 2) that the Bible is not a book of prophecy.

Take those two steps and you will be free of a huge number of silly notions and irrational fears, and as a consequence be much happier.

• cantleave
    cantleave
    It is total bollox and will always be total bollox even if the world was nuked.
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    I'd sooner have my limbs and appendages fall off, skin peel off, go blind, develop terminal cancer and die painfully than ever endure a KH.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

James Mixon "...if a Nuclear Holocaust took place today how many of you would return to the KH?"

Dude, if a nuclear holocaust took place today, there probably wouldn't be many Kingdom Halls left.

• deanxxx
    deanxxx
    Don't they believe that an all out nuclear war is pretty much guaranteed never to happen? I don't know how they arrived at that conclusion but I seem to remember them making that claim. While nuclear weapons exist, the probability of an all out nuclear war happening is greater than zero.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Id probably be vaporized and "returned to dust"
  • never a jw
    never a jw

Fukitol

already happened with the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima.

Actually you just prove the point you are trying to refute. God exist, and has chosen the Jews as His people. The hell with everyone else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit