OK friends lets be honest, if a Nuclear Holocaust took place today how many of you would return to the KH?

by James Mixon 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    I'd have sex then go down the pub.
  • Gentledawn
    Gentledawn

two words for ya: Silkwood Shower

Watchtower teachings are utter bullshit. Taking a regular-type shower with other people scrubbing a person down really hard with steel wool pads & hard bristle brushes or whatever those things were (been a few years since I watched the movie), in order to remove plutonium contamination? Same damned thing as running into the arms of a known cult!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2Ec20v7wX8

Why put yourself through medieval practices that are akin to leeching?

" On November 5, 1974, Silkwood performed a routine self-check and found that her body contained almost 400 times the legal limit for plutonium contamination. She was decontaminated at the plant and sent home with a testing kit to collect urine and feces for further analysis. Although there was plutonium on the inner portions of the gloves which she had been using, the gloves did not have any holes. This suggests the contamination had come not from inside the glovebox, but from some other source."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_Silkwood

• Saved_JW
    Saved_JW
    If there was a nuclear holocaust I am not convinced a Kingdom Hall would be the best place to hide, I would go for a bomb shelter or a school gym, it would be a lot safer
  • prologos
    prologos
    If a nuclear holocaust, (or any other kind) took place today (took = past tense) Then the bible is proven wrong again ( god did not destroy those destroying the Earth). proves that the wt Bible tracts are wrong too. but I know this, so I must be alive, perhaps spirit now, or a species like the 3 Hebrews in the fire. and I survived outside the hall unlike the Philippinos. unlikely, all of it.
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    In response to a catastrophic event I'd go wherever my most loved ones were for my sake and theirs. If they happened to be in a KH it would not deter me for a second one way or another. I wouldn't be there for worship. I'd be there (wherever that is) for us.
  • fukitol
    fukitol

Huh? Please elaborate (btw, I meant atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki).

never a jw16 hours ago

Fukitol

already happened with the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima.

Actually you just prove the point you are trying to refute. God exist, and has chosen the Jews as His people. The hell with everyone else.

• talesin
  • jws
    jws
    Bad things can and do happen. I can't think of anything short of seeing Jesus appear on a cloud that would drive me back to religion. It's just another bad thing.
  • done4good
    done4good

In a word, no, however this is probably not a good example scenario.

9/11 for example, certainly forced some people back, (my cousin who was DF for 8 years and a coke head at the time was one of them). An event of great significance, but not catastrophic to humanity, one such as 9/11 or worse, would probably force those who are not convinced 100% JW is not the "truth", to go back. If you look at some older threads here from 2001, there were some here who did exactly that.

I am not one of those people.

d4g

• Heaven
    Heaven

do you 100% believe it is not the truth.

I actually know it's 100% not the truth. Their ever changing doctrines are proof of this along with their damaging/destructive beliefs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit