Hello everyone. New here looking for info and friends

by Harvard Illiterate 411 51 Replies latest forum announcements

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Hello smokin' blonde and welcome! I'm also quite new here at simon's place but I tell you, this place has it all! Heated debates, intruiging philosophy, love, comfort, wisdom, social talks and tons of humor! Every day something new

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Welcome to the forum Harvard , yes your right the WTS. is a high controlling cult and has killed thousands over the years, it has also broken apart millions of families and instigated a few suicides as well.

Being openly observant to that fact helps the public to what they might get themselves involved with.

One might perceive the organization as religious publishing house that allures and coerces people to read and to eventually distribute its publications but has subjugating behavior controls over its own designated sales representatives.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Harvard

I'm enjoying every vice there is and it feels great.

Just a empathic mention , I too took up smoking upon leaving the JWS in my 20's, wish I didn't, cost to heath and my wallet was not worth it.

Yes religious cults can be bad for a Individual but so too can unhealthy behavior habits as well.

A direction to wholesome living is possible without either.

Take care Fink.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Just to show you that we here are as 'cool and hip' as current Jehovah's Witnesses, I welcome you with a handshake!

• Dagney
    Dagney

Hello HI411! Welcome to JWN and to the rest of your life. I look forward to your comments.

• talesin
    talesin
    A direction to wholesome living is possible without either.

Punk's motto: Live hard, die young, and leave a good-looking corpse.

I wouldn't go quite that far, but I have worked hard, partied like a rock star when I was younger, and my only regret is smoking. Happy to say that I am now a quitter, HOORAY! It's an horrible addiction.

So, to the OP.

Your post gives lots of critique about the WTS, but you really don't explain how you got sucked back in. Do tell.

• Giordano
    Giordano

My lovely wife smokes one cigarette a day and she is finding it hard to give up. A total addict.

When we left the JW's back in the mid 1960's I personally went a bit crazy. Let my hair grow out a bit started smoking a pipe and became a big fan of Joe Cocker after the first Woodstock. Ex JW's going crazy!

Welcome HI 1411

• iwasblind
    iwasblind

Hey Harvard

Welcome here, I found the book "Exiting the JW Cult" very helpful for the range of emotions while pulling away. She is an ex-jw who became a phsychologist and explains the range of emotions.

Can I encourage you not to give up on God - I have found great comfort in learning what the bible really teaches and He is my only source of peace while I am trying to exit this thing. The great thing about this site is you can find a range a beliefs and opinions.

I wish you all the best on this journey.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome! I like your attitude!

Lisa🌹

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Hello there little missy,

Glad you could break away from them Millerite folk, they can be mighty curious sometime. The Sheriff here is a fella by the name of Simon, but he only come out on account of disturbance ya see, Otherwise he much keep to himself unless he got somethin on his mind. Then thar's the other good folk in the town. They generally kind folk but you gotta be careful of twelve noon sometime. I seen some bad gunfights too, ugly gutshots but usually reserved for em cow rustlers passing through. Usual disagreements sorted out in the saloon, and just with a bust up and a good ol brawl. Tabakee is cheap and so is the whiskey. Sometime I seen some prospectors bring gold nuggets from them thar hills, so you keep an eye out. So ya'll keep well now and welcome to town.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit