2018 Convention movie: Jonah.... oh my god it's bad......!

by stuckinarut2 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Oh my we have a new poster... welcome rabbi midge! We had a poster who used a very similar name and avatar, but she left, forever, or so she said.

I have shut off my email connection with this site. I cannot read your further replies to me, nor will I. I am not coming back to post ever again or read any further replies because you people are not tolerant and some are just having sport with my words. You judge all religion by your limited experience with the Jehovah's Witnesses, and so Jews get the same treatment too.
    I am sure ego will keep some of you answering back to me in further replies, but I won't be reading. That will show how badly and ridiculously ego has overtaken some of you. Who are you replying to? Not me. I am leaving, not in a huff, but because apparently some Jehovah's Witnesses are just as hard to deal with in and outside their religion. And the world doesn't like Jehovah's Witnesses,

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5538262266413056/nephews-jw-fiancee-begins-conversion-judaism-due-passover-date?page=4

• Rabbi Midge
    Rabbi Midge

I answered a private request made by phone from someone who has kept up with me since I last posted. Several people have as a matter of fact.

I am leaving.

But I do want to point out that you act just like your Jehovah's Witness counterparts.

The first page on this site promises that you and this community will:

provide a friendly, tolerant and informative environment where you can ask questions, share information and make new friends.

There was nothing but intolerance and bullying from the beginning. You and a few folks like you are too happy to excommunicate from this site people you don't like who don't share your views. You are no different than the Witnesses you criticize.

• Simon
    Simon
    The first page on this site promises that you and this community will ...

If you have a complaint about something that has happened on this site then you have to let us know. If you are sharing your phone number with people and then don't like a conversation you've had, how is that anything todo with the site?

The only things we have any control over are posts on this site.

There was nothing but intolerance and bullying from the beginning.

Do you have a genuine complaint or is this invented outrage over something?

Are you one of these clowns that thinks everyone needs to agree and accept what you say or else you're being persecuted?

Edited: I see you haven't shared your phone number so you're just making shit up - people somehow guessed your phone number from any anonymous alias and avatar? If you're going to invent things, at least try and make it seem believable first.

Ha ha, what a loser.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Simon, i wont provoke anything more i just found it hilarious that she has now three times stormed off in a huff vowing to not come back, the when she does she has some wild story about someone “calling” her to come make a post on the forum... she had to say it was a phone call because she claimed to be shutting down the email associated with this forum in the post i quoted above.

And you nailed it when you said if someone dosent agree they are persecuting her.

I will leave it alone from here out, its not the point of the thread anyway... honestly, for whatever its worth, i enjoyed your thoughts on the book Jonah, midge. I never considered it in the light you suggested but it makes a certain sense.

*edit* just followed simons link.... midge has turned out to be a genuine troll. Alas!

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

An excellent and well observed review. Illuminating..

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Rabbi Midge wrote: "...The story is basically a parable asking the Jews to reconsider their own views of uniqueness. Were we truly chosen by God to be his only people?..."

Interesting.

Rabbi Midge also wrote: All you had to do was trust your gut,

Watchtower instilled in us over and over again to *not* 'trust our guts'.

Thank you SOO much for taking time to comment on this thread. I really enjoyed reading your comments.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Rabbi Midge - yes good advice indeed, turns out my gut was right about every nasty little thing concerning Jehovah's so-called witnesses, thanks for taking the time to reply.

• mikeypants
    mikeypants

Lol. The ones that have to post about leaving and shutting down their accounts crack me up. Just to sign back up to make another point or post.

Facebook losers do that all the time.

No one cares.

Peace.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The video is so blooming awful, even Rotten tomatoes hasn't got a low enough grade for it.

It's even worse than 'Left Behind' with Nick Cage.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Oh man! I usually look at the last post in a thread before commenting on a post in the middle.

I knew better. And yet now I see that I stepped into a little poo.

Oh well. I'm backing out of this post.

Apologies to the OP.

*scraping poo off my shoe*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit