2018 Convention movie: Jonah.... oh my god it's bad......!

by stuckinarut2 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

On my, that is funny. Here I was recently compared to my wonderful cousin who's at Command Center, instrumental in making the videos, using his college skills no less. And then there's me, Virgochik, who is INACTIVE, gasp.

Lol, and some say the videos have deteriorated. Hmmm. Well, due to the love they (don't) have, this cousin is in his early thirties and has yet to meet me once, in his entire life or to encourage me. He's prominent at Bethel but has no concern for family, go figure.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

no mention of Jonah having a sister or a wife in the Bible

Hasn`t the WT/JW.ORG committed the Sin of adding to the Bible and invoked the plagues that are written in this scroll ? Rev.22:18 and isn`t their a similar text in Deuteronomy somewhere ? about adding to the Bible ? and being cursed ?

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

So "Jehovah" has an American accent!😁

• hoser
    hoser

I didn’t know that Monty python was still in the movie production business.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I bet my family will come back from the convention and say how heart warming ,and encouraging,the Jonah video was. It will have all the Jdubs weeping.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Jonah Complex:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonah_complex

The Jonah complex is the fear of success which prevents self-actualization, or the realization of one's potential.[1][2] It is the fear of one's own greatness, the evasion of one's destiny, or the avoidance of exercising one's talents.[1][3] As the fear of achieving a personal worst may serve to motivate personal growth, likewise the fear of achieving a personal best may hinder achievement.[1]
  • steve2
    steve2

So "Jehovah" has an American accent!😁

To that I would add, Jehovah has a mellifluous Amercian accent. So soothing and calming.

This from the same God who called for the genocide of the people who lived in the Promised Land - I bet his voice wasn't mellifluous when he ordered the killing of children, babies and old men and women.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

...and Jehovah wants his true worshiping followers to serve false Prophets their commercialized tainted and corrupt Gospel.

Well that makes a lot of sense.

Praise Jah

• blisterfeet
    blisterfeet

There were so many things about this video that i hated. I did find myself laughing at inappropriate times though, that was fun!

I just feel like with ALL these videos no matter the "topic" they are always saying "do whatever we tell you, even when it sounds crazy". Its to the point I actually fear for my families lives.

All this prep work the GB is doing on these people is preparing them for something bigger.

Like Jonestown bigger. I think of my sisters and my parents and a very real fear in my life is that the GB will tell them "ok, everyone dies on xxDate" I know MANY people that would follow this direction and it is SO SCARY!

this video was just another example of them pushing their higher message.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Generally, I like fish, but this time I'll pass. I would like another Negroni, please.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit