Nephew’s JW Fiancée Begins Conversion to Judaism Due to Passover Date

by Rabbi Midge 60 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Rabbi Midge

Thank you for all the information you’ve provided.

Please don’t pull yourself away because of subjectivity on the part of some participants. Your contribution here is certainly appreciated by - I’m sure - the majority of readers. I, for one , will hope for your continued involvement in the discussions on this forum- the ones that educate rather than become a “ I’m right and you are wrong”, middle schooler negation of facts.

Shalom! ( If I may)

• Simon
    Simon
    Reminds me of David Jay

Yeah, and by an amazing coincidence, posts from the same IP!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Sigh.... and there we have it. Troll.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Wow. That would explain why they sent me a pm with personal information on David Jay. I thought it was weird but was glad to hear that he was doing well. If he's pretending things like this it makes me wonder how well he's really doing. I like busting liars as much as the next person, but this is also sad if true.

• R. Ella Schwartz
    R. Ella Schwartz

I am not David Jay. My real full name is Ella Miriam Schwartz. "Midge" is the nickname for Miriam.

I was shocked to have my previous Rabbi Midge account cut off in mid reply without warning. I don't have a persecution complex. I was only offering help on that thread about Jonah. And since dubstepped said he missed David Jay who is a member of my congregation and even supplied us with our AV equipment, I gave dubstepped David's contact information.

It is easy to determine if we are the same person since that contact information I supplied dubstepped has David's real name and real email. He works in the major film industry, and it is unlikely someone from that line of work is spending his time trolling.

Also, he has Parkinson's and autism. You don't get better from those conditions, so you might have misunderstood my message about him.

I'm sure I will have this account disabled too by the powers that be. You folks hate it when the Witness unfairly shun you without all the facts, but you sure don't like it when someone points out that you have created a new group that does the same.

• Simon
    Simon

Always hilarious when someone is busted and just keeps going with the fiction. No explanation for how someone supposedly called you when you didn't give anyone your phone number, nor the amazing coincidence that you have the same IP address.

Invented oppression, it's so bad, "oh the humanity", LOL

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Let me guess:

I have shut off my email connection with this site. I cannot read your further replies to me, nor will I. I am not coming back to post ever again or read any further replies because you people are not tolerant and some are just having sport with my words. You judge all religion by your limited experience with the Jehovah's Witnesses, and so Jews get the same treatment too.
    I am sure ego will keep some of you answering back to me in further replies, but I won't be reading. That will show how badly and ridiculously ego has overtaken some of you. Who are you replying to? Not me. I am leaving, not in a huff, but because apparently some Jehovah's Witnesses are just as hard to deal with in and outside their religion. And the world doesn't like Jehovah's Witnesses,

So this time your really really really leaving... right?

• gone for good
    gone for good

Welcome back RES ! -

Please hang around and try to ignore the haters.

I don´t care who you are or aren´t but you certainly carry a lively discussion from the unique position in Judaism and I for one, have questions about your community and life I would like your viewpoints on.

I´m travelling for a bit but maybe next week...

GFG

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Eh, I'm confused, but whatever the case I wish everyone well. Not really knowing who you're talking to is part of the interwebs. For all you guys know I'm a wealthy and brilliant man masquerading as a podcast superstar that cleans houses. I have to lay low to keep the fans away.

Whatevs. This thread didn't go well no matter who was behind it. Best to just move on and be happy.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I only know that J W’s say that the Memorial is after sundown on the date of the full moon in Jerusalem, this year it was Saturday March 31st.

Who am I to argue?

Interestingly in the UK I have been watching Simon Schama’s tv series “ The Story of The Jews” . It is good to see Jewish things from a Jewish perspective. Some of the traditions and ritual start to make more sense now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit