Don Adams has passed away

by RubaDub 31 Replies latest jw friends

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    Will they do some sort of video memorial for him or any of the gb?

I imagine they might present some short summary "life experience" segment of him which highlights his decades of faithful service, after which the Jdub Broadcasting host will say something along the lines of, "We look forward to the day very soon where Br. Adams can take up his service here on Earth yet again. We can only imagine what Jehovah might have in store to use his vast experience in helping to lead the Organization as we rebuild after Armageddon." ...or some similar claptrap

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

We look forward to the day very soon where Br. Adams can take up his service here on Earth

respectful ...

My money is on exactly what you mention.

Rub a Dub

• fulano
    fulano

The few times I met him at Patterson, he seemed to be a very soft and kind person, R.I.P.

• Listener
    Listener

He went to work at Bethel in 1943 according to a 2010 Watchtower. If he died at 94 or 95 years old that would have made him 18 or 19 when he arrived at Bethel. His whole life, not knowing anything different.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Don Adams has passed away,and he missed his

heavenly calling by just that much !

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I believe that there were 3 Adams brothers (fleshly brothers) that were big wigs at the wt headquarters in NY. All were lifers for the wt. Like many of us, they probably just accepted their mom's religion and got swallowed up in wt land.

Wonder if Don was thinking in his final days "WTF how long do I have to live before Armageddon?"

just saying!

• mann377
    mann377

I liked Don, had him for entrance school. He had two brothers, Joel, and Carl. He always wore sandles with he's suite. Thought this was odd.

• tiki
    tiki

I knew his sister Jetha quite well...the mother was of the anointed...pre 1935...they were all excellent people. Kind, compassionate and true. The religion was far more believable back in those days.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Thank you for posting. I met Don in '69 at Bethel, visiting my brother for a week. He was the table head of my brother then. My brother made an arrangement for me to work with his fun housekeeper there for a week. I was a pioneer for 5 years then. I was happy I could count the time as a fun easy thing at the time. One day Don asked if I was considering coming to Bethel. I was surprised as I had never considered that, didn't know any single girls called in, except for my brother's housekeeper. Don and his wife (Dee) were very pleasant. Later, (as I was at Bethel 5 years) I met Don's brothers, Karl and Joel. They too were humble and pleasant.

• compound complex
    compound complex

I worked with Karl's wife, Bobbie.

She told me that she had made a pie, which really wasn't very good. Nevertheless, her appreciative husband ate the entire thing without complaint.

True devotion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit