Don Adams has passed away

by RubaDub 31 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I received a call from a friend in New York City that Don Adams passed away late last evening (30 Dec 2019).

Many of you Bethelites know him and he was the president of the society for a number of years after the GB got out of the corporate structure business. From what I understand, he was generally liked by many there.

Some in my family knew him. I met him a couple of times. Seemed like a nice person.

Anyway, he had been in poor health the past year. He was either 94 or 95.

Rub a Dub

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

My family knew him.

I met him a long time ago.

Thanks for letting us know, I will tell my mom-in-law, she knew him.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If he had been anointed he surely would have been on the GB. He fell between two stools—too young to be genuine anointed, and too late to join the overlapping bandwagon of young anointed.

Perhaps out of principle he remained among the inbetweeners—the genuine non-anointed generation of Watchtower leaders.

• carla
    carla

Do the r & f learn of a big wigs death at the kh? Will they do some sort of video memorial for him or any of the gb?

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite

I'm sure Don is in Heaven along with Billions of other people.

And like millions of other JoHos who have made the transition life to death is he surprised!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

RUB A DUB:

When I saw the thread title I thought it was the actor!

That just goes to show what I know after being out of the JW religion almost twenty years!

• Biahi
    Biahi

I’m with you, Bethelite! And next time I come to Arizona I want you to autograph my book.

LHG: I thought of the actor from Get Smart, too haha.

• stillin
    stillin

Shoe phone!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Shoe phone!

stillin ...

When he was on a judicial committee they did it in the cone of silence.

Rub a Dub

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Will they do some sort of video memorial for him or any of the gb?

carla ...

Good question. It would not surprise me now with the jw dot org thing, that there would be more information and detail than was typically provided in the past. It used to be briefly mentioned that so-and-so has ended his earthly service or something similar.

Since Don did not claim to be of the anointed, I'm not really sure how they will handle it. But again, they now have a much larger communication channel with the internet than before with only the WT/Awake/KM.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit