Science Will Never Contradict The Bible

by Perry 91 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Hey everyone, I am taking a break from it, but Perry posts these things because really wants to be woken up from his delusions, just like he and others were eventually awake about TTATT.

So while he dismisses your claims and makes more wild ones, keep helping him. Eventually, he will realize that the Bible version is totally incompatible with science and therefore with reality.

Don't let him get away with ignoring points or pretending he addressed them, just as his post at the bottom of page 5 does.

• Perry
    Perry
    So then anyone can commit any atrocious sin and still be accepted into heaven.
    Adolf Hitler was a baptized Catholic, does that mean since he was baptized as a Christian that he's now in heaven
    with Christ ?

Finklestein,

1. Yes, the apostle Paul was a murderer of Christians prior to being born again. Yet he was accepted and used by God.

2. No. Adolph Hitler gave no evidence that he was a born again believer who practiced loving his neighbor.

But you address a subject worthy of a 2nd look: While the wages of sin is death, the gift that God gives is life. Life cannot be earned.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Perry it seems that there is dehydrated soft tissue in those 70 million year old fossils AND THAT YOU COMPLETELY MISREPRESENTED Mary Schweitzer in your quotation of her to bolster your young-earth creationism.

You see Perry, I actually read your source and what follows is what she thinks of people like you who misquote her:

Meanwhile, Schweitzer’s research has been hijacked by “young earth” creationists, who insist that dinosaur soft tissue couldn’t possibly survive millions of years. They claim her discoveries support their belief, based on their interpretation of Genesis, that the earth is only a few thousand years old. Of course, it’s not unusual for a paleontologist to differ with creationists. But when creationists misrepresent Schweitzer’s data, she takes it personally: she describes herself as “a complete and total Christian.” On a shelf in her office is a plaque bearing an Old Testament verse: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

Young-earth creationists also see Schweitzer’s work as revolutionary, but in an entirely different way. They first seized upon Schweitzer’s work after she wrote an article for the popular science magazine Earth in 1997 about possible red blood cells in her dinosaur specimens. Creation magazine claimed that Schweitzer’s research was “powerful testimony against the whole idea of dinosaurs living millions of years ago. It speaks volumes for the Bible’s account of a recent creation.”

This drives Schweitzer crazy. Geologists have established that the Hell Creek Formation, where B. rex was found, is 68 million years old, and so are the bones buried in it. She’s horrified that some Christians accuse her of hiding the true meaning of her data. “They treat you really bad,” she says. “They twist your words and they manipulate your data.”

While not explicitly stated it appears that this Christian scientist is at least an old-earth creationist; perhaps even a theistic evolutionist. Whatever the case may be she's certainly not happy with how she's been misrepresented by young-earth creationists.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Perry two words = nonsensical logic

If you do happen to meet your fellow Christian Hitler in heaven please do me a favor and kick him in the ass .

• cofty
    cofty

Perry - You are still ignoring the question that I have asked you many times.

Please tell us specifically which books presenting the scientific evidence FOR evolution you have read.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    The Bible contradicts itself. It doesn't need to be contradictory of anything else.
  • Perry
    Perry

How did the world's most famous atheist lose his faith in Darwinian evolution and naturalistic explanations?

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?
    by Rich Deem

No, this page is not about the 1975 movie staring Jack Nicholson. However, atheists are up in arms thinking that Professor Antony Flew has lost his mind. Flew, age 81, has been a legendary proponent and debater for atheism for decades, stating that "onus of proof [of God] must lie upon the theist."1 However, in 2004, Prof. Flew did the unheard of action of renouncing his atheism because "the argument to Intelligent Design is enormously stronger than it was when I first met it."2 In a recent interview, Flew stated, "It now seems to me that the findings of more than fifty years of DNA research have provided materials for a new and enormously powerful argument to design." Flew also renounced naturalistic theories of evolution:

"It has become inordinately difficult even to begin to think about constructing a naturalistic theory of the evolution of that first reproducing organism."3

In Flew's own words, he simply "had to go where the evidence leads."4 According to Flew, "...it seems to me that the case for an Aristotelian God who has the characteristics of power and also intelligence, is now much stronger than it ever was before."2 Flew also indicated that he liked arguments that proceeded from big bang cosmology. However, Antony Flew does not believe in the existence of a good God who is involved in the lives of human beings, because of the problem of evil. He ascribes very much to the God of Einstein and Spinoza, who created the universe and life on earth and left the scene. He does not believe in an afterlife.

For a man who has spent decades promoting atheism, this decision came as quite a shock to atheists and theists alike. As a former agnostic, I followed a similar path through my undergraduate studies in biology. I became a deist in 1973 after realizing that the naturalistic theories on the origin of life were not plausible. Today, the evidence against abiogenesis is much stronger than even at that time. Therefore, I believe that, at a minimum, deism is the logical choice regarding the question of God.

Read Antony Flew's new book, There Is a God: How the World's Most Notorious Atheist Changed His Mind

Article

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Perry one can not formulate a position on a single person's opinion or viewpoint. .

Biological evolution is based on practical evidence and observation, over millions of pieces of evidence supported by the earth's own geological evolution, as well the evolution of the universe itself.

Its pretty hard to take position upon human imagination alone held in intellectual honesty.

Its quite typical for creationists to blindly disregard information that doesn't support their preconceived position which is based on faith derived from ancient mythological expressions.

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H
    This topic could equally be titled 'Science Will Never Contradict Harry Potter'... it has about the same level of credence.
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

Scientist have fought some hard battles with theologians. Evolutionary biology predicts that us Scientist and people like you will still be at bay a thousand years from now! LOL

I am listening to Giacoma Puccinini right now so it's hard for me to express outrage at your your tittle of this post. U should listen to some classical music instead of expressing ignorance of Science!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit