November JW broadcast is up, this time on not telling the truth, shunning

by bohm 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Sliced
    Sliced

OMG. I totally vomited this crap out... How did I ever watch these broadcasts???? I am sooooo sickened by the JW's in general. I wish I could just zap my family out of this cult. Urghhhhhhh That music video was the worst yet.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Sadly, the rank and file believe this is policy. Let's be clear, Watchtower can only 'encourage' members to shun their relatives. Yet unknown to most, their own policy states that members who insist on associating with their df'd relatives 'will not face a judicial'. Yes privileges will be taken away, but that's about it.

Clearly this (unknown to most) policy is a get out clause for the organisation in case they are hauled before a court for not allowing family members to associate with each other; which is a fundamental basic human right under the laws of most lands.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The more heavy-handed the GB are with the message the less room it leaves for ambiguity in the minds of the JWs listening. Hopefully it will become more and more difficult to make excuses, as many JWs live in lala land concerning the true nature of their religion.

Time to wake up and smell the cult people.

• blondie
    blondie

There was a time when some jws said that Hebrews 10:26-29 meant that not attending meetings was a df'ing issue because it was right after the "command" to attend meetings.

Is this where this is headed? The WTS has disavowed this meaning in the past.

11 years ago

*** w80 11/1 pp. 30-31 Questions from Readers ***

Does the missing of Christian meetings in itself constitute an unforgivable sin, since, at Hebrews 10:24-29, the apostle Paul speaks of this sin right after discussing the importance of meetings?

Failure to heed the command to attend Christian meetings is serious and could lead to disastrous consequences for a servant of Jehovah. However, more is involved in committing the unforgivable sin.

Reading the full 10th chapter of Hebrews will be helpful in understanding the matter. The apostle first points out that sacrifices under the Law provided no forgiveness of sins, but were a shadow of good things to come, involving the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Jehovah provided Jesus Christ as the perfect sacrifice to take away sins. This is a specific provision of the "new covenant." The apostle gives encouragement to "hold fast the public declaration of our hope without wavering." (Heb. 10:23) How can this be done? He points out the necessity of gathering together regularly to incite to fine works, not giving in to the custom of some to slight Christian meetings. Rather, we should be attending such meetings "all the more so as you behold the day drawing near."—Vs. 25.

It is in this setting that the apostle continues: "For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left, but there is a certain fearful expectation of judgment and there is a fiery jealousy that is going to consume those in opposition. Any man that has disregarded the law of Moses dies without compassion, upon the testimony of two or three. Of how much more severe a punishment, do you think, will the man be counted worthy who has trampled upon the Son of God and who has esteemed as of ordinary value the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified?"—Heb. 10:26-29.

Hence, the conjunction "for" that begins the paragraph at verse 26 is not just a connective to the exhortation to attend Christian meetings, but ties back to all that is said prior thereto. One must accept God’s way of salvation through Christ and continue to appreciate this provision, while having in mind that the attending of meetings is one of the ways Jehovah has provided to keep one strong in faith and active in good works. That this is the case is further confirmed by what the apostle says in verse 29, where he shows what punishment is due one who "has trampled upon the Son of God and who has esteemed as of ordinary value the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified."

So we should not discuss Hebrews 10:24, 25 out of its setting and imply that failure to attend the meetings regularly is in itself what the apostle is talking about in discussing those who commit the unforgivable sin. Of course, when a person has "the custom" of not attending the meetings, he is working against his own spiritual interests and is in grave danger of growing weak in faith and becoming inactive in Christian works. This, in turn, could lead to a person’s actually denying or not taking seriously the ransom sacrifice of Jesus Christ and his thus losing out on everlasting life.

The sin mentioned at Hebrews 10:26-29 does not apply to one from which the sinner is able to repent in sincere grief, appealing to God through Jesus for divine mercy. The sinner has actually renounced the Son of God as his savior and esteemed his sacrifice as having no redeeming value.—Compare Hebrews 6:4-6.

Such a person is sinning against accurate knowledge and the operation of God’s holy spirit, and there is no possibility of his repenting and availing himself of God’s provision for salvation through Christ. God has made no other means available for saving such a willful sinner.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

could lead to a person’s actually denying or not taking seriously the ransom sacrifice of Jesus Christ and his thus losing out on everlasting life

No, that's what happens when you GO to the meetings, specifically, to the annual "Reject Jesus" Memorial.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I if you want to looked at as truthful just give a talk about being truthful and how important it is to be truthful and the heavily indoctrinated gullible and they will lap it up and think you're the most honest guy on the planet.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I watched the demonstration of the parents rejecting their son. How very sad. To ask people to extract children out of their lives based upon a belief system is criminal.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Sliced - "How did I ever watch these broadcasts???"

Was alcohol a factor? :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit