November JW broadcast is up, this time on not telling the truth, shunning

by bohm 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Listener
    Listener

Losch says, or rather, clumsily reads from his script, that over 5,000 are getting baptised each weekend. This totals 260,000 a year and is 3.25% of 8,000,000. Growth must be really bad when you take into account deaths and those that leave.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Oh...another drama on how not to answer the phone when your kid calls/texts. How wonderful! WT is really pounding the shunning. WT (aka Jehovah) must be really worried about JW's talking to their evil family members. Maybe they are worried about if they speak to them, maybe they will learn something WT doesn't want others to know. Like TTATT. There must be a BIG problem with people leaving. If it wasn't a big problem, WT would not keep addressing it.

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Never a JW but the last thing I could stomach to watch was the ARC where those Elders, Branch people, WT lawyers and G. Jackson ALL took an OATH to tell the TRUTH on their Bible and we know how that went. So tell me is this supposed to be what you all refer to as New Light all the time, are JWs now going to start telling the truth for a change? Or am I just totally confused as to who is to be truthful and who can lie?

• WHATSGOINGON
    WHATSGOINGON

I just watched the music video near the end of the broadcast.

My wife and I watched it together - having a good laugh.

The song and the singer sound like something from a kids tv show.

The strange thing is that the video seems to be made by someone that is awake.

What I mean is that the video is basically saying we have waited all our lives with the new

world just around the corner - starting from being a young newly married couple all

the way to being old and in a wheelchair all the while saying its just around the corner.

I cant see how this is supposed to be encouraging.

Maybe they feel that as these ones are now really old it must be really really right round the corner,lol.

WGO

• schnell
    schnell

@rebelfighter, I feel bad for stomaching it before. I feel terrible.

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

This piece of trash GB dirtball talks about truth. What the hell does Watchtowerism have to do with the truth.

Let's call watchtower, and ask if they can answer a few questions truthfully.

Here are two.

Did agents or officers, on behalf of Watchtower Bible & Tract Society, supply to the United Nations Department of Public Information, the Awake of November 22, 1998 for their files?

Was the above article composed for the purpose of demonstrating to the United Nations Watchtower's compliance with 'Criteria of Association" (UN document) ?

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Listener, sorry about the accidental red arrow! I meant to like your remarks.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I just watched the video on the disfellowshipped son. Damn... even if I have been raised in that religion, this video is absolutely crazy. Its so evil that it sends shivers down my spine.

How can they not see that shunning your kid is foreign to being Christian?

"But know this, that in the last days [...]  men will be [...] disloyal, having no natural affection, not open to any agreement [...] without love of goodness, betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride [...] having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power."
    (Matthew 5:47) . . .And if you greet your brothers only, what extraordinary thing are you doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing?
    If greeting your brothers is normal, shouldn't greeting your own son be a given?

In the end, she goes door to door, telling people how to live their lives, while, at the same time, she has been ignoring her own kid for the last 5 years. Don't they see how ironic that is? Let me show love to strangers while I have none for my own blood.

They use the example of Cora's son. They compare themselves with Moses who brought 10 plagues to Egypt, walked with a column of fire in front of the camp, parted the Red sea and brought water in the desert. Basically, the biggest, most dramatic and spectacular miracles reported in the bible. As for the GB, they openly admit that they are not inspired and do not perform miracles. Yet, challenging them is the same as challenging Moses? Nonsense!
  • Listener
    Listener

No problem Video chic.

Loschs own logic incriminates the org. When talking about Truth in regards to religion he points out that you either have it in beliefs or you do not. Since the Watchtower has to continually correct it's own teachings it is not possible for them to have truth.

• schnell

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit