November JW broadcast is up, this time on not telling the truth, shunning

by bohm 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    jambon1 - "...It must be absolute torture to try to defend it..."

Most don't bother.

Easier to just lie.

jambon1 - "...Whenever I raise it, they want the conversation ended straight away."

Know why?

'Cause deep down, the average rank-and-filer knows it's f**ked up.

• under the radar
    under the radar

Just another steaming pile of "spiritual food™".

It is nothing short of endorsing and encouraging parents to use emotional blackmail and social coercion to keep their children trapped in the Truth©. It's not a matter of convincing them that it's the right way to go, based on a clear understanding of all the issues involved. It's making them choose between their beliefs and their family, forcing them to worship in a way that they find unacceptable. Hmmm... Those words seem familiar. Where, oh where, have I seen something like that before?

Oh yeah. Awake!, July 2009 issue, pages 28-29 had an article entitled "Is It Wrong To Change Your Religion?" It contained this statement: "No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family."

This disgusting video makes a mockery of that article, and that statement in particular. It is nothing less than institutionalized hypocrisy.

The Society's website's public statements regarding shunning and family members are excellent examples of the doublespeak used to control the masses in the book 1984. The leaders themselves have been proven to be mealy-mouthed tap dancing liars, likely the envy of many a politician. Just look at Jackson's testimony before the Australian Royal Commission, if you want a prime example, and if you can stomach it.

Shunning, as a means of compelling someone to do something against their free will, is:

* Emotional blackmail

* Social coercion

* Psychological extortion

* An evil and disingenuous practice that is reason enough on its own to prove that the JW's are a false religion masquerading as Christian while making a mockery of his teachings.

As far as I'm concerned, the Society has many more parallels to the Mafia, Stalinist Russia, and North Korea than to what they pretend to be.

They have also shown that they are self-righteous, presumptuous, and arrogant in the extreme. They often use "Jehovah" and the "organization" interchangeably, basically equating the two. Why else would they consider leaving the organization the same as leaving Jehovah? In my book, that's tantamount to blasphemy.

And they're hypocritical in another way too. They want to speak with the authority of God's spokesmen, but accept none of the responsibility when they get it wrong. "Yeah, that's too bad. Sorry about that. We were just imperfect men trying to do our best. We never said we were infallible or inspired. But by God, we have it right now! And questioning us is the same as questioning God. Remember what happened to Korah!"

Forking bastids!

• untruth
    untruth

I do believe the majority of young people in the org lack motivation for "the truth" and are falling out. I have seen this and continue to observe it in the circuit I am in. The number of young ones reaching out once they graduate is minute. Most are going after "worldly" goals instead of spiritual ones which is good for them. I wish I had done that. I see that parents are not spirituality encouraging their kids. The result of this is that when a child is dfd the parents feelings for their children goes above the org's instructions. The gb knows they are losing control and are trying to stem the tide but it's not working.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

I cut and pasted two small sections of the broadcast in the following video clip. In the first 20 seconds he describes how truth is concrete and how Jehovah is the "revealer of truth", yet on the second half of the clip he explains how our understanding of truth in modern times is fluid and imperfect.

https://youtu.be/rLIVhDnfhrw

If this is the case, why can't we say Catholics are not in the process of also "understanding truth"? What about Protestants, Muslims and Buddhists? Can't they just be in the process of understanding truth too? Why does only the governing body have the right to be "imperfect" and "progressive" in their understanding of truth?

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

He says "truth is definite and Jehovah conveys the truth to his servants." Then why does it need to change if it is truth and Jehovah gives it to his servants. Makes zero sense.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

November JW broadcast is up, this time on not telling the truth, shunning

WATCHTOWER

DOESN`T TELL THE TRUTH??!!..

Image result for fake shocked.Image result for ricky gervais laughing

• NikL
    NikL

The point that stuck with me is where Losch says "are we arrogant to say we are the only ones with the truth? Not at all!"

Contrast that to what Jackson says to Royal commission "it would be presumptuous to say that we were the only ones"

ar·ro·gant
    having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities
    pre·sump·tion
    behavior perceived as arrogant, disrespectful, and transgressing the limits of what is permitted or appropriate.

Kinda seems like the same thing to me.

• What Now?
    What Now?

Does anyone have a link to the part of the broadcast that is just the shunning drama?

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

"it would be presumptuous to say that we were the only ones"... but our religion teaches us that we are and we believe believe deeply in the fact, that we are.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow!

Just wow!

Seriously, any witness who watches this stuff and doesn't have a secret "what the hell" moment in their minds is honestly brain-dead...

How is shunning NOT a fulfilment of the bible's words "that they will have a lack of natural affection"??

Hey, we are not even DF or DA, but just faded out, and yet we are treated like lepers....because the slander and gossip has gone into overdrive about us! We are avoided on the street. So this sort of conduct actually proves that the society has no true love.

Keep making these videos for those inside WT. It will only make you look more stupid to anyone who is waking up.

It also shows the Hypocrisy of what they produce for internal consumption compared to what they say for those in the real world! It is completely at odds with the information they try to portray to those outside!!

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit