Greta Thunberg, Worse than Plague

by Simon 60 Replies latest social humour

• Simon
    Simon
    Yes, all of them are coming true, and faster than predicted.

I want evidence, not hand-waving.

Try reading neutral papers on sea level rise, temperature rise and loss of ice cover, then come back and tell us all will be well.

LOL, the Media? That's who we go to for "truth"? They are part of the propaganda machine.

The advance and decline of ice is cyclical. The sea level has been rising at a steady rate since the last mini ace-age. The temperature rises are and cyclical and mostly caused by sun activity.

Like I said, the models don't work because they are way off the mark and they always have been. Which is why people like you clutch at anecdotal evidence and selected news reports (always when it suits, news that doesn't back up the theories is buried)

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    No way you are having full energy capacity from your home solar panels in WNY. I heat with electric because we have cheap energy (nuclear and hydropower) and we consume about 5000kWh/month ($200-300)

That seems high, the average household in Australia uses around 40-50kw daily, you are 3x that.

I have 30 panels generating about 50kw daily with nearly 30kw of battery storage. Panels and battery tech improving fast nowadays.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I`ll bet, what she has to say when she`s 66 years old, will be a helluva lot different to what she is saying now .

What person alive today that is older than 60-70 years still has exactly the same belief they would have had when they were 16 years old ?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Greta Thunberg(tm) is a politico-business franchise. She is a sock puppet of the loony left.

It's giving her rock star status and validation. I pity her when she is old hat and not trendy any more.

As for the kids that supposedly support her; most of them are probably just using it to bunk off school.

When the Thunberg(tm) franchise goes to preach in China and India (on a yacht ), I'll be impressed.

Climate is another issue, of course. The loony left are using it to promote their neo-Marxist fascistic control.

Swathes of blue haired feminazis and cowardly SJW antifa thugs line the streets (if they can be bothered or have the energy to get of their sweat sodden couches as they whinge on Twitter), to shut down opinions that hurt their feelings on the matter.

Bottom line, I think most of this is just a trend for attention seeking trendies and sad losers.

I'd like to be proved wrong......but I doubt it.

• Simon
    Simon

Here's how Covid19 has cleaned up China. It's done more for the planet than Greta:

• Cadellin
    Cadellin
    If people were serious about climate change, they would be applauding the Trump administration for the reduced emissions of the US and suggesting that other countries adopt similar policies and technologies so that they too could reduce theirs.

It's easy to refute uncomfortable truths with the canard about biased media, etc., as you like to do. But the fact remains that humans are in deep, deep shit, on a planet that is warming more rapidly than natural systems can adapt to. Trump and his cronies have turned their back on science. HAVE emissions fallen under the Trump administration? Yup. But that's because the most recent data is from measures taken by the OBAMA administration:

The report found that the amount of greenhouse emissions by the United States fell in the most recent year. But there’s a problem: Due to the lag in data collection, that decline occurred during President Barack Obama’s final year in office, 2016, not under Trump.

Wait, there's more:

In addition, the EIA estimated that emissions will actually rise over the next two years. In 2018, the agency forecasts a 1.1 percent increase, and in 2019, it projects a 0.2 percent increase.
  • Simon
    Simon
    But the fact remains that humans are in deep, deep shit, on a planet that is warming more rapidly than natural systems can adapt to

If it's a fact, then simple challenge - prove it.

First, prove that a slightly warmer planet is the catastrophic threat to life that you claim - I think you'll struggle because earth has been much warmer, and it's also had much more CO2, and when it did it supported way more life.

Second, prove that we're going to reach those temperatures anyway. The models are wrong, they have been wrong all the time, partly because people cherry pick the data or outright falsify it but also because it's simply impossible to do some of the things they claim to do such as take the average temperate of the oceans.

Or you could stop with the alarmist science denying climate bed-wetting and look at the evidence and the behavior of those behind it all. If it were factual, why do they need to cheat with charts and figures? Why the need for all the lies?

Because it's BS, up there with women earning 70c on the $. Great for fooling the ignorant masses and taking their money.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Good thread.

Here's a statement that I hope is a fact that we all agree on: humans pollute the planet. <---- I hope we're all on the same page, re this.

And, each of us can live cleaner, greener lives. I don't own a car, I walk everywhere if I can. The last time I flew abroad was in Sept. 2016.

However, there's much to discuss.

Are we facing a climate-based apocalypse?

Are we on the brink of destruction?

There's more than a whiff of end-times religious doom-mongering about Greta and her handlers ...

• Simon
    Simon

More evidence: Dolphins and Swans in Venice because the water is clearing - all thanks to Coronavirus, not to Greta.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/dolphins-venice-canals-coronavirus-lockdown-italy-a4390686.html

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

This article talks about that and a few other benefits....no thanks to GRETA!

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/environment/coronavirus-shutdowns-have-unintended-climate-benefits-n1161921

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit