Greta Thunberg, Worse than Plague

by Simon 60 Replies latest social humour

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Greta is a puppet...that of activism and her parents...they make money off her whilst her activist areas get publicity but nothing has or ever will be achieved from what she does.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

but nothing has or ever will be achieved from what she does.

Disagree , I think her activity has caused more awareness to the environment, particularly more so to her own age demographic.

I was at my nephew's school recently and I noticed that his school and apparently all of schools in his district have gone to recycling and collecting organics that can be used.

Thinking green and acting under that ideological premise is good for humanity in the long run and having someone publicly remind us about that isn't a useless folly who should be criticized and mocked..

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Where will all of us on this board be 50 years from now? For the most part dead. For Greta she is speaking for her generation with Hope's there will be clean air, water and food when her children and grand children are alive. So stop complaining about her message. She has the right to speak out in what she believes. After all that is what free speech is all about or use to be.

The problem is both sides think they have all the answers but they don't. If by some miracle they would get together and come up with a solution all could agree with this world would be in a better place. If we would stop listening to the orange hair guy and the far left guy maybe we will all come back to our senses. If not we are all doomed. Still Totally ADD

• Simon
    Simon
    I think her activity has caused more awareness to the environment, particularly more so to her own age demographic.

No, there was already plenty of awareness.

All she is doing is causing hysteria and despair. Young kids think they have no future because of idiots like her. That is psychological damage that she and her handlers are responsible for.

What they want are scared idiots to be herded to protests whenever they call. Same deal as with the women's march - pointless exercises other than practice runs to get mobs of protestors out on the streets.

Greta doesn't have any solutions, nothing that is workable, so it's not a difference of opinion. She has no real opinion other than "the least bad people are the worst, and I won't say anything about the worst people because there is no money to be made of them"

If she was really concerned about the environment she'd focus on the most serious polluters. Wake me up when she says something about China and stops jetting the world and wearing clothes and using other products made from oil.

• Simon
    Simon
    Has anyone studied the climate in past ages? What did the huge rebound from the ice sheets do to the land, ecology, and people?

Has anyone even proven that a warmer earth isn't better for life on it?

More CO2 = more plant food and there is always way more forestation than there was decades ago.

So are things getting better or worse? We can survive a warmer climate, we can't survive a colder one (in great numbers).

"Solutions" that involve killing off billions of people are monstrous and should not be entertained. Unless people think that's OK, in which case lets talk about nuking China - it's OK, it's "saving the planet"

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Wake me up when she says something about China and stops jetting the world and wearing clothes and using other products made from oil.

A Simon just sailed across the Atlantic and back to Europe just recently, she could have flown.

Yes she may be getting used be concerned environmentalists like her father to name one but why demean the person's efforts when the message she is spreading is valid and has merit ?

What would the world look like if not for outspoken environmentalists that started decades ago in the 60's by counter culture hippies ?

Now she needs to take her message to countries like China and India, public awareness has to start somewhere and by someone.

• Simon
    Simon
    ... just sailed across the Atlantic and back to Europe just recently, she could have flown.

She sailed on a boat that was produced using oil products. The person who sailed the boat FLEW on a jet to where the boat was, to sail it back.

It was a publicity stunt, pure and simple, nothing more.

Q: Could she have gone on a passenger of a regularly scheduled boat?

Q: Did she need to travel across the Atlantic at all, couldn't she have used Skype?

Q: If she wants to promote change, why isn't she setting an example for people to follow?

Q: Why, with all these people, is it "do as I say, not as I do". Why do they want us to abide by different rules to what they live their own lives by?

She did it for fame, and publicity and self-promotion and to rah-rah people for the cause, which is nothing at all to do with saving the environment - that's just the excuse / justification.

No different to the people that pollute rivers and leave a mess behind while they protest "on behalf of" the environment and those who camp out in waterproofs and a nylon tent while protesting an economy based on oil.

They are hypocritical anarchists, nothing more. They don't care about anything but themselves.

What would the world look like if not for outspoken environmentalists that started decades ago in the 60's by counter culture hippies.

No different, because they achieved nothing whatsoever.

Now she needs to take her message to countries like China and India, public awareness has to start somewhere and by someone.

Yes strangely, she still hasn't and I doubt she ever will.

If she did I might have some respect for her.

But as I said, it's nothing about the environment - it's about politics.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

No different, because they achieved nothing whatsoever.

Really so where then did the general public's awareness start globally about the earth's environment if you know so much about secular social ideologies ?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes strangely, she still hasn't and I doubt she ever will.

Does it matter, who cares about what one person says or does ?

There is no qestion that China and India needs a public awakening about the matter.

• Simon
    Simon
    Really so where then did the general public's awareness start globally about the earth's environment if you know so much about secular social ideologies?

I remember there being a big todo about "an inconvenient truth" movie. But it didn't start there. I remember watching Jacques Cousteau programmes in the 70s about the environment.

If you think it started with Greta, maybe it's just that YOU were asleep on the issue?

Does it matter, who cares about what one person says or does ?

LOL, wut?

So she doesn't matter then eh?! Just one more hypocritical climate bed-wetting doom sayer that we're right to ignore. We heard the same thing for the past 40 years. The act is getting old and it's time people started standing up to the BS and calling out the many factual errors and hypocritical behaviours of those behind it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit