Greta Thunberg, Worse than Plague

by Simon 60 Replies latest social humour

• Simon
    Simon

So Greta Thunberg thinks the world pollutes too much. Specifically, the parts of the world that pollute the least and have the cleanest industries. She doesn't seem to care about India or China who are the biggest polluters by far.

"how dare they"

But for all her screaming, she's not really done much. Celebrities and politicians are on board of course ... well, with the rhetoric at least. But they still jet the world to preach about how everyone else shouldn't jet the world. If you follow the news, you'll have seen that Democrat presidential candidates all flew the same route back to DC from the recent primary all on separate private jets even though their platform is that climate change is so very very critical that we must act or else we'll all die in 10 years.

Me thinks they don't really believe it.

But good news! If you do buy into the baloney, something has done what Greta couldn't and has hit air-travel hard - the global Coronavirus pandemic!

It's been able to do what Greta couldn't. It's even shut down many Chinese factories and massively reduced pollution. Again, it's doing what Greta couldn't and didn't even try - curtailed the pollution of the biggest polluter on the planet.

So Coronavirus is better than Greta, or to put it another way, Greta is worse than a global pandemic ... what many would call "a plague".

I can picture her now - "how dare you". LOL

In other news, Israeli scientists who spent the last several years working on a cure for bronchial infections and by chance based their research on a coronavirus may be months away from an effective method of treatment and immunization which could even be something that could be taken orally.

Let's hope the BDS movement stick to their principles and boycott anything from Israel ;)

• carla
    carla

In today's information age with tv & internet nobody really has to fly around do they? (not talking about vacations) The politicians and Greta could do podcasts, commercials, youtubes etc... Many businesses have stopped flying employees around and use technology to have meetings, there are many ways to reach the masses now without the elite flying around telling the rest of us poor slobs how wasteful we are.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So one teenager who spouts off about protecting the world's environment is worse than a killing plague ?

Keeping the environment clean could also involve the human consumption of animals as a food source which has actually caused deadly viruses to effect humans in recent years.

I agree though that Greta needs to travel to India and China and spread the awareness of planet's environment to those countries which we are biologically connected to.

A sick polluted planet makes sick humans.

The planet is now trying to fight its own attacking virus which humans are deliberately responsible for.

• Simon
    Simon
    So one teenager who spouts off about protecting the world's environment is worse than a killing plague ?

Well if you agree with Greta, that the situation is so dire, the Coronavirus has done far more than she ever has to reduce pollution.

So the virus has done better than her, ergo she is worse than the virus ... in terms of reducing pollution.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So then what your saying then Simon that people shouldn't speak up vocally about the world's environment and how its important to do so since we are a part of the world's environment ?

This recent virus is a temporary event, what about after when the virus is subdued and there is a working vaccination ?

Realty imparts both the now and the future.

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

Thunberg is an autistic idiot who the left is using to push a fake agenda. The world is over populate and the BS you read that its not and can go to 11 billion then it will fall of is not IMO to be taken seriously. We do have a population issue which by its very nature leads to pollution and using up resources faster than they can be replaced. It also leads to pollution and the poorest countries are the biggest polluters, Burning whole rain forrests to grow a bit of food, or raise cows or for Palm oil is just one example.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Thunberg is an autistic idiot who the left is using to push a fake agenda.

What fake agenda is that ?

Wouldn't the fact of the worlds' population increasing add more value to protecting the environment, now and into the future.

What as you say is so idiotic to publicly make note of the increased pollution of the world's environment and how this can effect humanity today and into the future. ?

By the way I have yet to hear and moratorium to halt the world's population growth.

• Simon
    Simon
    ... people shouldn't speak up vocally about the world's environment and how its important to do so since we are a part of the world's environment ?

Have I said that? I think people should be speaking up and being critical of the biggest polluters (China) and giving praise to the lowest polluters (the US has reduced emissions the most, despite or maybe because of leaving the Paris climate accord).

People using it for political purposes should be shown the door. Greta is an invention, a contrivance, it's not a natural thing - you imagine she just wrote a letter and somehow got to speak at the UN?

She's a hypocrite, like all these so called "environmental" protesters. Show me someone not living a life based on oil and petroleum products and I'll be more inclined to listen.

I don't listen to people who only talk-the-talk and never walk-the-walk ... but want to make everyone else have to.

Greta is a fraud and she does nothing for the environment, she makes it worse and does so by promoting oil from dictatorships and human-rights abusers over more environmentally consciously produced and ethically made oil.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I see Greta as someone who has reiterated the same information that others have made many times before.

The Green movement was well started before she showed up and came into the public limelight.

Someone just called her an autistic idiot , nice such loving warm compassionate people on this forum .

I think she was brought forward by the media because she was a teenager, in a time when global warming has recently taken up public awareness.

Aggravated more by a well known top political world leader who says its all a hoax.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Has anyone studied the climate in past ages? What did the huge rebound from the ice sheets do to the land, ecology, and people?

Awareness is important, but so is a realistic view of what can be done and where that leads

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit