Greta Thunberg, Worse than Plague

by Simon 60 Replies latest social humour

• Simon
    Simon

If people were serious about climate change, they would be applauding the Trump administration for the reduced emissions of the US and suggesting that other countries adopt similar policies and technologies so that they too could reduce theirs.

They'd also advocate for nuclear as it is the only game in town if you want to stop using oil and gas. The more you read about solar and wind the more you realize what a joke it is. Just look at how many panels you'd need to power the average house - you likely don't have enough land to do it.

So I look at what people do, what policies they support, when it comes to deciding if they are serious or not about it being a real issue and what the solutions might be if it were - not the glib speeches they give. Those are usually the giveaway that they have a different agenda entirely.

It's like believing that the women's march was about women's rights. I mean sure, it sounds good ... but it just wasn't.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Caves list of videos are nothing but bunch of sensationalized BS to demean her and the cause of which she is speaking up about.

Probably Caves is a climate change denier and voted for Trump as the most truthful, full of fact based educated knowledge and unmovable honesty.

Like I said before you hate the girl but you cant be dismissive to the cause or information she is backing.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Simon I don't know were you are getting your information from on solar but I have several friends who are total solar on their homes and they love it and we live in western ny. Back in the 1970's we had a solar hot water heater on our home and we saved a average of 35% off our electricity bill every month. So don't tell me how solar is no good. That's just big oil talk. By the way wind power also works. Doesn't kill birds, mess up bats hearing, slows down the earth's rotation or any of that shit the far right likes to lie about. Still Totally ADD

• Simon
    Simon

The fact that your argument boils down to "well, he probably voted for Trump" shows how vacuous it is.

Like I said before you hate the girl but you cant be dismissive to the cause or information she is backing.

No, I don't hate her. I feel sorry for her - I think her life is screwed but the people doing it don't care about her, she's just the perfect pawn. They probably identified a "persona" they wanted and looked for someone that matched and she fit the bill, just like picking a manufactured pop star or Disney kid, but likely to have a wretched life of abuse once the cameras are gone.

There's actually little concrete information to the climate change alarmism once you dig into it. It's just like the WTS belief system - they seek to control information and cherry pick evidence. Only when you step back with the open mind that they may be wrong do you realize how much if it is BS and doesn't stand much scrutiny.

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

Here's a young lady who has been branded the "Anti-Greta" which is a term she dislikes. As mean spirited as some folks think the Right has been to Greta, if Naomi starts to get any traction at all, the Left will attack her with the ferocity of 10.000 rabid dogs. Meet Naomi Seibt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jNzaoV0kss

• caves
    caves

@Fink- Caves list of videos are nothing but bunch of sensationalized BS to demean her and the cause of which she is speaking up about.

Probably Caves is a climate change denier and voted for Trump as the most truthful, full of fact based educated knowledge and unmovable honesty.

Fink, I didn't look at the videos. I posted links of articles that had the actual reading content. I saw there were videos but just read instead. 'Sensationalized' ? Absolutely ! You'll be hard pressed to find ANY journalism/reporting/articles that are not in the global political arena.

I never said I denied climate change. Climate changes have ALWAYS taken place on this planet.

I didn't say I was a Trump supporter but I dint say I wasn't either.

I don't 'hate the girl'. Why would I?

All interesting assumptions.

You asked how the father/ parents benefited from it and I posted how they are benefiting from it. If it came wrapped in a shit basket of sensationalism oh well, I'm not the editor or writer of those articles.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Greta Thunberg and her backers apparently want a world that has zero carbon emissions.

This is obviously ridiculous because each individual breathes in oxygen and breathes out carbon dioxide.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

Simon I agree with about 99% of what you said in this thread. I do need to clarify something you said.

read about solar and wind the more you realize what a joke it is. Just look at how many panels you'd need to power the average house - you likely don't have enough land to do it.

I just had solar installed at my house about 6 months ago. The cost was 50% covered by tax incentives and rebates. The 10 panels covers my electric use and actually make me a little money! I am in no way one of these new tree hugging nutters out there today. However I am someone who tries to reduce my impact. I also don't in any way try to force what I think on others like this Greta psychopath. And yes, she IS a psychopath. She needs help.
  • hoser
    hoser
    In today's information age with tv & internet nobody really has to fly around do they? (not talking about vacations) The politicians and Greta could do podcasts, commercials, youtubes etc... Many businesses have stopped flying employees around and use technology to have meetings, there are many ways to reach the masses now without the elite flying around telling the rest of us poor slobs how wasteful we are.

Business leaders and politicians will ALWAYS fly around for meetings. They are addicted to flying first class and staying in 5 star hotels on taxpayer and shareholder money.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

No way you are having full energy capacity from your home solar panels in WNY. I heat with electric because we have cheap energy (nuclear and hydropower) and we consume about 5000kWh/month ($200-300). That'd take ~200-300 solar panels or about $300k installed to generate during winter. My roof has room for 10, maybe 15 panels.

So we need about 20x the space around my house clear cut of trees and shrubs just to provide energy for my house and the density for wind isn't much different. I do have a heat exchanger so I'm as efficient as can be but for geothermal; I'd once again need a space the size of my backyard to bury the mechanism.

I haven't driven to work yet (you want me to have an electric car) I haven't spent time in the office, I haven't produced anything useful. When just living takes up 10-20x the space currently reserved for every human we will run out of space very fast.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit