1 In 3 Britons Think Bush Is Stupid Says Poll

by minimus 132 Replies latest social current

• Englishman
    Englishman

Say what you like about Bush, he's hung in there for what he believes in and never wavered.

Englishman.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Say what you like about Bush, he's hung in there for what he believes in and never wavered.

Thank you E-man for pointing that out. Good, bad, or indifferent, that's rare for an American politician these days.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    I am free to have and express the opinion that Bush is the idiot son of an asshole.I am free to have and express the opinion that Bush is the idiot son of an asshole.

As I am free to express the opinion that you are the idiot son of an asshole and an asshole yourself.

Yes I took the bait Simon and while you call me one of the worst offenders in regards to name calling you sir are the worst. A whiney hypocrit is what I see each time your avatar pops up.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I think the point is we're free to heap ridicule on politicians but not each other. This is extraordinarily difficult because most people feel if you attack their beliefs, you attack them. They take it personal.

I think it's tough for the moderator or board owner because I believe their first commitment should be to maintain a stable environment for posters to interact. To do that they should appear neutral even if they are not because otherwise the stability of the board is threatened. This isn't very fair for the board owner because why shouldn't he be allowed to express his feelings freely and blow off steam like everybody else? After all, he made this place. It seems rather ridiculous to say that a board owner can't blow off steam by expressing his own opinion on a place he created, but if he does it affects the stability of the board in my opinion.

Using oversimplified examples, the current rule here is ....

I could spout off, "George Bush is dumber than a bag of hammers."

But you can't say, "Megadude is dumber than a bag of hammers for supporting George Bush."

• Simon
    Simon

Thanks, Stacy Smith. You really show up your true (petty and spiteful) self.

• Simon
    Simon

The rules are clear and are to protect forum members from personal attacks. Last time I looked, George W Bush was not a forum member. By your argument we could not make negative comments about Bill Clinton or Ted Jarasc

You seem happy to dish out snipes and comments and make attacks on other people but heaven forbid, someone should think less of your republican god than you, a good little follower !!

I personally thought YOU were absolutely disgusting for attacking someone on the 'age of consent' topic and insinuating that it made them a pedophile. You are a hopeless debater, poor at arguments and reasoning and simply resort to name calling and personal attacks at the first opportunity. When you are challenged on a subject you make a glib comment and run.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    When you are challenged on a subject you make a glib comment and run

But I think you're hot Simon

*runs like hell*

• Englishman
    Englishman

By Gum, but she's a fiesty gal if ever I saw one!

Englishman.

• Xena
    Xena
    But you can't say, "Megadude is dumber than a bag of hammers for supporting George Bush."

can I just say "Megadude is dumber than a bag of hammers"?

Unfortunately he does have a point Simon...unfair as it is...you are held to a different standard than the rest of us.

Sucks huh?

• Valis
    Valis

There is a difference in being offended by a direct insult versus merely being offended by what someone says about Jehovah, or George Bush, or Prince, or Michael Jackson, or whoever...those people have no direct meaning to us, in relation to the interaction we share here every day with each other. When people can stop being pissy about this and get the difference in their heads it won't be an issue IMO.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit