1 In 3 Britons Think Bush Is Stupid Says Poll

by minimus 132 Replies latest social current

• minimus
    minimus

I wonder why????

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

A lot also thought Ronald Reagan was just a B movie actor and useless -- and what a brilliant president he turned out to be. Polls me f--- all to me.

• KenUK
    KenUK

But 2 in 3 don't...

There may be a 100,000 protestors tomorrow (let them try that in Iraq, Saudi, UAE, Iran, etc etc) but thats only 0.15% of the UK population. Those that support (may be strong, or don't disagree perhaps) unfortunately have a day job and can't take the time off from signing on or missing the lecture....

(Here comes the arrows....)

• Englishman
    Englishman

Ken,

Just so long as you keep working Dear Boy.

I can almost smell that crispy £50 note now....

BTW, this will be completely unintelligable to everone except 0.15 of the readership here.

Englishman.

• nilfun
    nilfun
    1 In 3 Britons Think Bush Is Stupid Says Poll

This may explain their declining birth rate.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

LOL! I love you and your president, nilfun

I used to think that people exagerated GW Bush' lack of intellect, till I took the time to get know a little about him. Now I'm shocked that he was almost elected.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

So I must wonder then if they feel pretty good about themselves if someone dumber than they are can end up the leader of a powerful nation. Maybe they'd better immigrate to America to straighten us out.

Bush knows there will be some ugly demonstrations when he arrives. He has been advised that a trip to Germany or France (unpopular nations here) would serve him better because of the ugly scene that would certainly occur in those countries. But he wants to do a state visit to England and damn the polls. He also mentioned that it's very enjoyable to visit a nation where people are free to express their opinions.

Stacy of the could care less what they think class

• Englishman
    Englishman

Most Brits feel pretty benevolent towards America generally. When 9/11 occurred, the population were so angry on The US's behalf, one would be forgiven for thinking that it was the UK that had been attacked.

I just hope that people see that these demonstrations are not representative of the opinions of most Brits.

Englishman.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

E-man we have read in the papers how the demonstrations will be conducted. Such things as a statue of Bush being pulled down much as Saddems statue was pulled down by our troops in Iraq.

That will help the protestors feel better about things and maybe they'll think they are getting under Bush's skin. In the greater scheme of things I doubt the protests will do any more good there than they do here.

We still have protests about the war on campus but they are getting smaller and smaller. I go to a very anti Bush school and you have to look hard to find any signs of a protest these days.

You know what my biggest fear about the protesters is? That this might give some resolve to the terrorists remaining in Iraq, that it might continue the war for an extended period. So these anti bush anti war protesters might actually be costing both England and America even more lives. But they won't even consider that because they all hate Bush enough that they are willing to spend more soldiers lives.

Blind hate is an ugly thing and it's not real intelligent either.

• minimus
    minimus

Bush is as smart as Tony Blair.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit