1 In 3 Britons Think Bush Is Stupid Says Poll

by minimus 132 Replies latest social current

• minimus
    minimus

ENGLISHMAN------How's London's mayor viewed by you guys???

• Englishman
    Englishman

Oh, Ken Livingstone.

Everyone expected him to be a disaster. Mind you, he's got the traffic flowing again and he's getting back into favour with the PM despite his somewhat radical views.

Englishman.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

I voted for Bush. ----And I guess the human side of me will always make mistakes now and then. When any critical, investigative, person digs into the facts, it gets very scary very fast. Oh well! It is a hard job to do no matter who is the president. Damned if you do and damed if you don't. It is a thankless job because much of what "this person" does is conducted in secret and the "good" things are not really known until much later........

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

If 1 in 3 disapprove, doesn't that also mean 2 in 3 approve? Hey, two out of three ain't bad

Funny how you can make a report sound by simply shifting the focus, isn't it? 2/3 of a populace approving really isn't all that bad, now is it?

• minimus
    minimus

Dakota, It's also that that one third think Bush is STOOOPID! That isn't very good, imo.

• Englishman
    Englishman

66% think he's cool. That's a good 3rd class degree, 66%.

Englishman.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    I used to think that people exagerated GW Bush' lack of intellect, till I took the time to get know a little about him. Now I'm shocked that he was almost elected.

I find it interesting that the same old 'lie' gets spread around how Bush wasn't really elected President. For those of you who missed it, 6 months AFTER the election this article appeared in USA today. Several newspapers got together and did their own recount...this was the result:

May 15, 2002

Newspapers' recount shows Bush prevailed

By Dennis Cauchon, USA TODAY

George W. Bush would have won a hand count of Florida's disputed ballots if the standard advocated by Al Gore had been used, the first full study of the ballots reveals. Bush would have won by 1,665 votes ? more than triple his official 537-vote margin ? if every dimple, hanging chad and mark on the ballots had been counted as votes, a USA TODAY/Miami Herald/Knight Ridder study shows. The study is the first comprehensive review of the 61,195 "undervote" ballots that were at the center of Florida's disputed presidential election.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Mmin,

all i want otr knpow is what in the heck is whrong with the other 2 in 3??

Mikwe

Most Brits feel pretty benevolent towards America generally. When 9/11 occurred, the population were so angry on The US's behalf, one would be forgiven for thinking that it was the UK that had been attacked.

I just hope that people see that these demonstrations are not representative of the opinions of most Brits.

Englishman.

i dont know mike, 9/11 is one thing but asujpp;orting Bush is another. a poll today says 50% of amerca doesnotr aprovw odf bujsh now.

sorry dfoe bad typingf, strill dont care.

steve

• Simon
    Simon
    The survey shows that public opinion in Britain is overwhelmingly pro-American with 62% of voters believing that the US is "generally speaking a force for good, not evil, in the world". It explodes the conventional political wisdom at Westminster that Mr Bush's visit will prove damaging to Tony Blair. Only 15% of British voters agree with the idea that America is the "evil empire" in the world.

I think this shows that contrary to the stale right-wing, neo-con defense about any criticism of America's foreign policy where they bleat in whiney voices "ooooh ... you're being anti americaaaan" which is, of course, just a feeble way of dismissing all the arguments put to them, that the UK and most of the rest of the world does **not** hate America despite there being massive opposition to what it sometimes does.

We can separate the two things ... why can''t you ?!!!

However, liking America does not mean that we like Bush or like what he does. Many of us think he is taking the USA down the wrong path ... both for us AND for America.

I think this visit is political propaganda. He has done little for the UK ... possibly less than any USA president for some time but he expects to receive plenty from us and of course little tony is always ready to oblige him.

Why not Clinton? Who did so much work in northern ireland peace process?

Why Bush? Who has taken us to war twice and slapped protectionist and illegal tarrifs on steel?

Personally, I don't think he should be here. I don't think it's appropriate and I hope everyone sings in unison either the "idiot son of an asshole" or the "gay-bar" song (when the grinning bafoon and chimp-face are standing together).

• Badger
    Badger

Yerusalem:

I know a GOP condidate I'd vote for over anyone (except Hillary):

John McCain in '04!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit