Short stay

by midnight 65 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

midnight,

...I can find nothing that eliminates them from being God's directed people...

Yes you can.

This is what the Lord Almighty says: “Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you; they fill you with false hopes. They speak visions from their own minds, not from the mouth of the Lord. - Jeremiah 23:16 New International Version.

The visions of your prophets were false and worthless; they did not expose your sin to ward off your captivity. The prophecies they gave you were false and misleading. - Lamentations 2:14 NIV

13 The word of the Lord came to me: 2 “Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel who are now prophesying. Say to those who prophesy out of their own imagination: ‘Hear the word of the Lord! 3 This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Woe to the foolish prophets who follow their own spirit and have seen nothing! 4 Your prophets, Israel, are like jackals among ruins.- Ezekiel 13:1-4 NIV

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman

I'm rather stunned by the insensitive and cruelness of some of the posts. Sometimes men build too many walls and not enough bridges.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

"...like the Israelites entered the promised land..."

Phht. The promise land is soooo old testament. Spoiler alert! In the second part of the book an apostate called Jesus comes along attempts to expose the jewish system to be a swamp of corruption not unlike Washington, he also cryptically talks about a kingdom in heaven - of all places! This Jesus character gets quite popoular amongst the people the jews thought were gross and so he ends up pissing off a lot of people. The people in the end either take off in fear or turn on him sorta like in the Great Gatsby and he gets executed for his trouble!

Yeah, I know go figure!

Oh and BTW good luck with the JWs.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

always makes me chuckle comparing a modern day dangerous high control group that has destroyed the lives of millions with a world wide child abuse cover up, and with thousands who have died needlessly due to an insane prohibition on blood in medical emergencies and have over a century of failed an false so called prophecies to The Israelite's and ancient Christians! madness!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I can find nothing that eliminates them from being God's directed people

Kinda ironic, because I can find nothing that MAKES them God's directed people.

But I can read Deut 18:20-22 that (to me) clearly eliminates them as having God's direction.

Good luck! . . . . Doc

• pontoon
    pontoon

Don't forget to confess to the elders your trip into apostate land. They'll form a committee, meet with you, question you about your involvement with questions like how many times did you visit apostate web sites?, how many different sites?, how long you been doing this?, what other secret sins are you hiding?..........Good luck

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Interesting. I'd be interested in what you think proves they are Spirit Directed.

In my research, I could find nothing To support such a claim. A history of false predictions and changed doctrine shows they are just like most other religions, a group of men trying to work out how best to interpret the Bible.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Mad Irishman: I'm rather stunned by the insensitive and cruelness of some of the posts. Sometimes men build too many walls and not enough bridges.

Yah, and sometimes you get a troll that comes along and tries to portray the WTBTS as a knight in shining armor! :) :)

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MIDNIGHT:

Best of luck going back to the Witness religion. I'm sure it is your everything....To me, it is nothing and I'm glad I wasn't raised there and have no family there.

I have pleasant memories of my non-Witness "normal" upbringing before I made the mistake of joining the JWs. I have very few pleasant memories of Jehovah's Witnesses and some people there I will never miss.

I don't care if "they were just following orders", the attitudes cannot be forgiven. I'm just glad I'm not around this anymore. I'd never tolerate it.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

After much research and prayer I am returning to being a Jehovah's Witness I can find nothing that eliminates them from being God's directed people , in the end they will reach the end of there journey despite mistakes and errors just like the Israelites entered the promised land , thanks for your input and all the best on your personal journey ☺. Midnight.

See you never!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit