Short stay

by midnight 65 Replies latest watchtower bible

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    I can find nothing that eliminates them from being God's directed people

This is absolutely true, since there is no such thing as legitimate criticism of a cult when you're in.

Best,

BoC

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

in the end they will reach the end of there journey despite mistakes and errors

Yes, and in reality this is extremely convenient. It just so happens that if you are willing give a pass to other religions for their mistakes and errors too, they will reach the end as well. Just like a bad marriage, where in the effort to make things work, you willingly ignore all problems.

I've said this before, but there will always be people who are willing to overlook all faults just to maintain the dream alive. This is why the Org's decline will not be drastic, but will happen over a long period of time.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Personally, the more research I did, the more I found this organization could not be the "one true religion". It is very falsifiable. As the years go by, the more and more apparent this is.

• Giordano
    Giordano

"Nothing that eliminates them from being God's directed people"

Well how about these.

Thousands of needless deaths each and every year since 1945 for want of a life saving blood transfusion.

Hundreds...... perhaps.........Thousands of deaths over a 10 year period when they banned transplants. JW's went without the kind of transplants that could make life possible.

Do you think that God directed the Society to cover up sexual and violent abuse of children?

Do you think that Jesus intended to cover up sexual child abuse with the two witness rule of ancient Hebrew law? Well the Society thinks it is so.

Here is the plain and unvarnished truth God does not bestow his spirit or love or a blessing on a man made religion that can not protect their children. It's just that simple.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Just remember - everything JWs say proves all other religions are WRONG - is the same thing they say proves the are GODS Org!

• Half banana
    Half banana

Midnight, good of you to visit here but how on earth could the Watchtower organisation be used by God if they never in one hundred and thirty seven years have got any prediction or original information right?

If I was god and had "my own people" I would make sure they got my message correctly and without constant revisions needed. The governing body are forced to make it up as they go along.

Let me tell you about the wonderful freedom outside of the old religion.

We have freedom to learn deeply and with EVIDENCE about life's reality without perpetual indoctrination from a biased religious authority.

This includes waking up to the total unreliability of the Bible; Adam and Eve, Noah, Moses, Isaac and Jacob: all myth. Enslavement in Egypt and escape to the promised land: pure myth. The central teachings of the Greek scriptures including the saviour of mankind, the son of God: a universal myth of great antiquity from before Jesus' time.

Then there are the hypocritical actions of the JW leadership who for example, publicly and roundly condemned the UN for years and then joined it as a NGO (Non Governmental Organisation) . . . as the world and the Guardian newspaper knows but not rank and file JWs!

Rejoining JWs can only offer you the ILLUSION of defying death. This after all is why religion is so successful! Sorry friend, death and taxes are inevitable.

Life is very precious, do make best use of what is left of your your life and enjoy it!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Hey midnight keep in mind what 2Pt 2:22 says..."Like the dog that has returned to it's vomit or the pig to rolling around in the mire..." is the one returning to the WTBTS!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So Midnight do you think god is going to accept you into the new Kingdom when you've been disloyal to him and his son Jesus Christ ?

There is much in the bible about defining false prophets and what you are to do when you come upon them .

Where should you place obedience and loyalty to ?

The WTS or to Jehovah through his son Jesus Christ ?

Actually admonishing and demeaning the Watchtower Publishing house is scriptural by Jesus's own words.

• undercover
    undercover
    ... I am returning to being a Jehovah's Witness

It's a fair bet that you never really left. But to each his own. You do have the freedom to choose your spiritual path. Good luck.

• bildad
    bildad

Midnight:

I noticed you joined 14 days ago although you mentioned in one of your posts that you have been observing for some time.

It reminds me that people usually have a BS for months, even years before they come to the conclusion that JW's have "the truth."

Is 14 days enough time to just decide to go back? Have you really considered all the alternatives?

I wish you well. Hope you find peace of mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit