Congregations That May Dissolve Soon!!

by Atlantis 58 Replies latest jw friends

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I remember my dad giving public talks at many of those congregations when I was very young.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

It's hard to see the Borg doing away with KH's, FS groups. The cult mentality keeps the rank and file in line by going to the KH. Reporting to eldubs with and being at meetings whips the rank and file into line. KH's and FS groups are an effective way to control the rank and file. Because it would be far to easy for the PIMO rank and file members to slip under the radar almost undetected.

Having eldubs around is most effective cult tool.

But again thanks to Eric Wilson, EXJW Critical thinker and of course John Cedars.

Mike and Kim will no doubt keep us up to date, day by day, LOL

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

My Name is of No Consequence

@ Doctor Who:

Which congregations in Pittsburgh? Do you know?

Plum and Pleasant Hills were both merged and dissolved last year. West Mifflin/Clairton is losing their building this year to the turnpike, and from the Elders meeting last year it was insinuated that one of those congregations will merged, the other to share at another local hall. With renovations just being finished at Carrick and Braddock scheduled to be done at the end of February, It looks to be true.

EDIT...I was also told the Avonmore KH was sold and the congregation was dissolved. I drove past there last month and the signs are down. I haven't been able to get a confirmation if they moved to another Hall, or was dissolved though. (That congregation is in Westmoreland County about 15 minutes from Plum)

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

It's all about money.

G.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''It's all about money.''

yup.

• LV101
    LV101

I can't find the Kim & Mike youtube re/these hall dissolutions -- I probably have to 'subscribe'. Any links? Thx

• steve2
    steve2

I can't find the Kim & Mike youtube re/these hall dissolutions

You can subscribe if you want to - or click on their icon and it will take you to thumbnails of all their videos - click on the relevant thumbnail and you'll be fine.

• LV101
    LV101

Thank you, steve2. I raced through some of their YouTubes but didn't find one -- I'll try again.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

These closures will be touted as a "loving provision" that will streamline the organization and make it more effective at doing Jehovah's work.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

If y'all want the property listings, I name them now & have screen shots in our NAIL IN COFFIN videos.

I have a list. This hasn't been updated with property listings yet, but I do have the 12-31-2019 Text list

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzeipqna404o7dn/12-31-2019-Cong-%20KH%20GONE.docx?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gh2ez782a2qrj5t/AAA8-G2acaAV83WtoBKtVgyGa?dl=0

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit