Congregations That May Dissolve Soon!!

by Atlantis 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

They just won't be able to afford to go to meetings. I would imagine that they already feel "ripped off" for having to leave the Kingdom Hall they helped to build.

There is "no low" the Watchtower won't sink to for their money.

Petra!

• LV101
    LV101

They must know the easy money is online these days -- sell off the bunkers and it's a win-win for those hungering and thirsting (gag) to 'pay and click' and get Paradise a hell of a lot easier sitting in the comfort of their own abode and the Goon Squad walks away with deeper pockets - still have their high-rise living and all the booze they can guzzle.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LV101:

I do NOT believe that people will regularly contribute if the Witnesses become JUST an online religion!! They would have NO reason to if they are not physically attending anywhere!

I don’t see how the religion will survive a total transformation into just an online religion (with maybe an assembly once a year)..and think people are going to still give them money as though they were in a physical hall. I don’t buy it.

Not only that (and I’ve said it before) many Witnesses thrive on the culture of a congregation with ‘association’, listening to talks, seeing friends...They will be deprived of this..What about ‘needy’ people looking for contributions? They would need a physical congregation to get contributions FROM.

What happens when elders get panic phone calls from these people crying? Are the elders going to make cold calls in the territory asking for money??

So, if the religion says ‘sayonara’ and ‘hasta la vista’ and disappears like Professor Marvel in a hot balloon..there will be people who will have been abandoned by the JW religion.

I believe this scenario can happen if the religion gets rid of the halls and goes online.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I too have a congregation at my Hall being dissolved February 1st. I can't say where, but it isn't on this list.

• LV101
    LV101
    LongHair - I can't imagine them not shoving the sheeples into a commercial box somewhere. One thing is for sure -- the cult will cover its bases. The followers will continue to think it's growing and they're contributing to mud huts in Africa. I think they're just downsizing (no choice with numbers falling) and building/flipping Jack In the Box bldgs. on the JW chunk change. Whatever grows their piggy bank is the plan. I don't know how many elderly will stop driving farther to meetings (until they can't) but it's their life so who knows. Online would be nice for the elderly or those invalided and I'm sure they'd donate. The televangelists have proved there's big money selling hope and fantasies in more places than a hall/church.
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LV101:

Yes, it’s true that televangelists know there’s big money selling hope and fantasies to people who don’t need to leave their house.

I think if a televangelist religion started out that way..that’s one thing. As far as elderly and invalid Witnesses:..yes they like the phone connection. But, they get a ride for a Sunday meeting and aren’t totally without some physical connection to a congregation. They are USED to the idea of a congregation.

As for the cult covering ITS bases, yes that’s one thing. But, they would certainly NOT be concerned about those ‘needy’ I mentioned who need actual live people present for $$. I’m referring to people in congregations like kicked out bethelites, sp pioneers looking for $ to supplement their stipend and other stragglers.

You know as well as I do that the JW religion does no charitable works...If there are NO physical congregations - then for damn sure there would be no collections for anybody!

Not that I care personally because I’m out ..but I’m just saying this is going to happen if all congregations disappeared tomorrow.

While there may be some JWs who will love a televangelist set-up and still contribute money - I don’t think everybody will.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I agree that they would go into a great steep decline and lose many JW`s that have been serving them for years ,however they have millions if not billions of dollars from their sales of real estate that would tide them over for many years yet ,and they would gradually build it back up into a viable televangelistic religion that so many have done to this day and are thriving.

Dont write the JW religion off just yet ,they can re-write their history yet again.Their lawyers have been tuned in to do this for many decades ,who else do you think is running this show ,the GB are just the figureheads now ,the show ponies ,puppets ,giving the impression its a religious organization.

• LV101
    LV101

LHG - lolol - thx for the chuckles and understand/agree. It's interesting and I've often wondered how many attend and never contribute - especially PIMOs/love it! Do you think they might sell off all congregations - now I'm starting to believe in the magic of religion!

The JW beggars and thieves will find handouts - it's called the gov't plus there's plenty of churches on every street corner that help those in need. The JW head cases (beggars) might have to believe in heaven for a change/lolol. They can find work - not the aged x-bethelites perhaps but they'd qualify for medicaid/welfare. I'm not saying its adequate (I'm not saying it's not, either!). I know couple hairdressers on medicaid and two others in the beauty service industry (doubt they paid any taxes) and thrilled with medicaid's health coverage - better than medicare and think it includes housing in some cases. There are people living in institutions for the aged/infirm (assisted living/memory care facilities and the nicer ones -- those who can afford pay out thousands $ monthly! - I know/see it daily/weekly having a family member a resident in one) on medicaid and pay ZERO/nothing all because of the taxpayer and medicaid. I didn't know any JWs handing out money to the misfits - the clergy class was always hitting a couple of us up for their fave pioneers/special popular losers.

The ole cult won't close all halls as long as there's money to be made and there will always be hurting/needy humans so the market is still ripe for harvest.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Maybe something similar to what happened to Herbert Armstrong's the world wide church of God will happen here. A kind of mini JW. Splintergroups emerge and the main leadership will continue as a wealthy and somewhat controversial church.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Maybe JWs will meet in private homes and watch JW.org and have coffee and cake. Im sure they will be asked to travel for hours pleasing Jehovah that way

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit