What's The Worst Experience You've Ever Had To Deal With In Your Life?

by minimus 66 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Wo! Homey......What an experience! Awful Awful Awful!......I'm glad you're better and here!

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Coping with my toddler daughter's leukemia and chemotherapy.

Witnessing my Father being beaten with a lead pipe, while I stood only a few feet away, when I was ten.

The death of my beloved Grandfather when I was 13.

• minimus
    minimus

When you hear someone say, "I was laughed at school because I was a JW", and that's supposed to be the most devestating thing to happen in their life---they should read this thread to see what some have gone through that is truly terrible!

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Wow. Got a new perspective.

The worst things that have happened to me are usually my own damn fault - so I'm just going to shut up and try to be a better person.

Brave people out there. I salute you!

CZAR

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

((((((Lady Lee)))))))....I have no words.

Prisca--what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. Words that apply to all of us so aptly.

Dawn....I can't imagine having to do that. Could you tell us if they ever caught who did it? Or would you rather not talk about it?

Beautiful Garbage...the sickness of your own child is the worst thing I can think of.

missylissy...how awful to have to go through that.

Momofmany---I once babysat a beautiful baby boy of one of the families at our KH. The next day they called and told me he'd died that morning in his sleep. It was that funeral that made me decide never to go to another one as long as I live. I was ill for days. I can't imagine how you feel.

As for me, I've told a lot of what I've been through.

Being abused and beaten when I was little. Along with my sister. Like Lady Lee, there were some days when I could hardly walk.

Then being beaten, abused, and raped by my husband while the brothers said, "Be in subjection."

Taking care of my step-aunt while she was dying from lung cancer. I posted the whole story here. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/20285/1.ashx Like Joanna said...STOP SMOKING

Being raped by two men at gunpoint. They got life plus 45 years...one got out on a technicality, started stalking me...it's why I left SC.

Getting the phone call from my Dad that my sister was dead. Slammed her car into a tree going about 80. Nothing left but a piece of twisted metal. She had to be cremated.

Having skin cancer removed. And the plastic surgery that followed. 92 stitches. I swear that was the most painful thing I've ever felt. Like someone set my face on fire. (I wasn't put to sleep.) I NEVER go in the sun now. And how I miss the beach.

It' amazing to me how strong the human spirit is. I've come close several times to not being here anymore. But, somehow, I always manage to overcome the depression. I think we all have. I salute you all.

• wednesday
    wednesday

after sexual abuse, and all kinds of abuse , physical, spirital, emotional, and trying so hard to mold myself into a "new personality", having someone tell me"I don't know why u bother to come to the KH. No one wants anythng to do with u". Sometimes i think i will never forget those words.

After being sexully abused , being told i was just not ok, there was 'something wrong with me". I have carried that with me.

• zion sleeping
    zion sleeping

Its angers me a little that MINIMUS, aka mr. ass hole, just to start a thread to see how far it will go, would have people relive (by posting there exp) and bring up ones bad experences... THINK ABOUT IT...

• shamus
    shamus

Zion,

Get some anti-depressants and get stuffed. People here are not afraid to talk about what happened, because they want to heal.

I have never once seen minimus be an asshole. I have seen you one time, and YOU'RE THE ASSHOLE.

Love, Shamus.

• Inquiry
    Inquiry

Wow guys...

Words fail me right now and I think a round of big, warm, cuddly hugs is in order here... and I"ve got loads of em!!!! (((((((((all))))))))))

Thanks for sharing you experiences like this... definately gives perspective...

Unfortunately, many of my personal experiences can only echo what has been written so far... and that makes me feel quite sad... I guess the most significant thing that I can offer here is that even with these awful experiences we have moved forward, even against formidable personal obstacles, and made our lives better, fuller, happier and have encouraged others to do the same. That's no small accomplishment. Kudos, cause they're due...

I can't imagine the bereft heart condition of anyone, who on reading this pain and anguish, could excuse the cruelty behind these acts. I'm thinking of those who monitor here for the WT... or those that are so dilluded by their religion that they would excuse the perpetrators of these horrid acts in order to white wash the name of Jehovah... or for that matter, the Watchtower.... If Jehovah is real... and I have some serious reservations as to the validity of that... then he has a lot to answer for... especially for the actions of his people in his name... either he has been extremely neglectful letting his people run amok... or he is impotent and cannot stop his people from doing anything in his name.... Not much of a God, or much of a people to be proud of is it?

Just my two...

Inq

• minimus
    minimus

Zion---You're only "a little angry"? I wonder what you'd call me if you were "a lot angry".....Personally, I think that for those of us who have shared their feelings and experiences, it has been quite helpful to read the thread. Many tend to overstate their crisis. Granted, it could be a big deal to us at the time, but in the real big picture, it's minor----especially when you get to know what bad could really happen to us. It gives us a perspective that we might not have had beforehand......aka minimus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit