What's The Worst Experience You've Ever Had To Deal With In Your Life?

by minimus 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Mulan I took held the hand of a friend as she died. As hard as it was I would have chosen no other place to be at that moment. I felt it an honor to be there for her and her family - that they welcomed me into their family to share such pain at that time.

And I bet you wouldn't either.

Min So many here are still in a great deal of pain from the problems they have endured in life. Some cry out their pain. Others vent their anger. You are so right about not judging when we know so little about others. (This is not to say we should excuse bad behavior but rather understand it)

Shamus - I didn't like the other choice

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

My worst experience, was when I found my infant daughter dead in her crib. She was 5 months and 18 days old. The 14th of November she should be turning 11. I will never forget her. I was in the house, and I never knew she needed me. SIDS is silent, but part of will never let me forget I was downstairs while she was dying. Part of me knows there was nothing I could do, but guilt, boy do I carry it.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Holy crap...such sad stories...

In comparison mine are pretty minor. I have four I guess...

• Being 11 and visiting my grandpa in the hospital watching him die of emphysema. (all you smokers need to quit NOW!)
    • Having my best friend killed by a drunk driver. I knew he had a crush on me, and I wasn't giving him the time of day, but I had just made up my mind that I was going to give it a shot and see what happened when he got killed.
    • Getting raped after the funeral. Yup that's right.
    • Telling my parents I didn't want to go to meetings anymore. That one is a reoccuring conversation.
  • Cassiline
    Cassiline
    Almost dying twice.

And no I didn't see anything.

Blondie

Blondie

I can't imagine, know you are in my thoughts as is everyone who has experienced such pain as described in this thread and to those who could not or did not post their experiences here. Many hugs your way you are in my thoughts.

Cassi

• blondie
    blondie

It doesn't seem so bad now, Cassi. Time makes things fade and the fear factor is less.

For those who wonder about those moments, I can tell you it is how you live your life and know yourself that will help you face that moment when it comes.

Blondie (back from the jaws of death, and no I didn't see anything)

PS The real scary part is living.

• Gordy
    Gordy

Getting depression.

Attempting suicide

Spending time in psychiatirc hospital

Going before a Judicial Comittee

Later on being told I had to leave my wife and family, because I was a "spiritual danger" to them

Not having spoken to my wife and two daughters for 4 years because I left the JW's.

Still going through it.

--------------------------------------------------------

On the positive side becoming a Christian, finding a church which has been so supportive and loving they have helped me carry on.

Finding this discussion board and realising that what I went through with the JW's was nothing compared to some.

Some of the experiences have broght tears to my eyes.

How could an organisation that portrays itself as "Jehovah's loving organisation" cause so much suffering and sorrow. It is a deception made in Hell.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Hey Gordy! I've lost my father, you've lost your daughter - want to adopt each other?

• minimus
    minimus

In my opinion, this is one of the better threads on the board. Thank you for sharing your experiences and feelings. NO account was of little value. Some might have gone through terrible atrocities while others went through the pain of seeing a loved one dying------Whatever the situation, all of us can relate to a common pain that might be dear to us.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

My mother's dead and following a quarrel in the family

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

((((Lady Lee)))) & ((((Prisca))))

That is almost to much to bear for one person.
    I am glad you'r life turned on for the better.
    Today, both of you seems to be very balanced.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit