What's The Worst Experience You've Ever Had To Deal With In Your Life?

by minimus 66 Replies latest jw friends

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Getting the phone call from my sister that my dad, age 64, had died of a massive heart attack. Never got to say good-bye. He wasn't a witness (lucky guy)...but he had unconditional love for me and I know would never shun me like the rest of my family is. I sure miss him...and that was almost 20 years ago. Cathy L.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Where do you want me to start?

Watching my mother progressively get sicker and sicker from cancer for 7 years

Seeing her die in the hospital when I was 11 - she was already unconscious by the time we got to the hospital so I never had the chance to properly say goodbye

Father remarrying 7 years later to a woman who has deep mental and emotional problems - she despised my father having anything to do with me or my sister so...

....I was kicked out of home when I was 18 and unemployed - had to pick up all my clothes from garbage bags left in the garage. The locks to the house were also changed. If I had to pick up anything that had been forgotten, I would have to ring to make an appointment to pick it up - so they wouldn't be home when I turned up

Constantly being shunned by said father and step-monster. At the meetings she would literally turn her back on us so she wouldn't have to see us in the Hall

They moved out of town, but had a garage sale shortly before - neither my sister nor I knew anything about the garage sale - I would have bought back things that used to belong to my mother.

Not having a father the past 15 years

Learning the "truth" was all lies

Having a JW fiance who cheated on me with a one-night-stand - and got her pregnant

Deciding to leave the "truth" and leave my fiance for good

Being totally alone after leaving the JWs - having been a "good" JW sister, I had NO non-JW friends

But since then, my life has picked up

• Smyler
    Smyler

So sorry Prisca

• gumby
    gumby

Telling the Elder body I smoked weed when I was a MS in the 70's.

I was from a little town in Arizona at the time and I knew these guys like family, and I had to tell them I'd been smokin the funny stuff. Damn that was a toughie! I had read a watchtower about if it had been a 'considerable time' since sin was commited and it was resolved, then let it go.( proably a study article written by Ray F.)

Then shortly afterwards, an assembly on hiding sins, and the penalties. I had to tell on myself. Again.....it was REAL hard.

( edited to add I posted before reading Prisca's. So sorry sweetie....I hadn't heard all that before.

My wife too was not liked by her stepdad and kept her mom at bay with her. She still has NEVER called in our 31 ears of marriage and only writes a couple times a year. It hurts my wife, but she deals.I don'tsee how some parents do what they do.)

Gumby

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Worst experiences

• Watching my mother?s head hanging over the foot of the bed while my father tried to choke her
    • Being beaten as a child so hard it raised welts and bruises so badly I could not stand to have anything touch my legs or back for a week
    • Watching my stepfather hang my 2-yr old sister by one arm over a stairwell and swat her so hard her body was flying
    • Having my face washed with a dirty diaper in the middle of the night because I forgot to put it in the garbage can
    • Watching my mother tie her 2 year old to the bed at night and caging the baby in the crib and then locking us all in the room so she could sleep late in the morning
    • Locked in an unfinished closet with spiders and bugs and no light for hours on end
    • Forced to kneel on a tiled floor with my arms in the air for hours and if I sunk down or touched the wall got beaten
    • My mother leaving my brother and I with our father when she left town so he wouldn't kill her
    • Being forced to watch my kittens being drowned and being told that if I weren?t good the same would happen to me
    • Being sexually abused by my father from the age of 8 ? 11
    • Being sodomized by my father when I was 10
    • Getting a STD and having to go to the doctor alone to get it taken care of when I was 11 and then getting it again
    • Having to walk into a police station and report my father for sexual abuse ? alone at 11
    • Having to go to court and have my father threaten to kill me if he saw me again when we left at 11
    • More sexual abuse from uncles, stepfather, friends of the family, strangers 10-13
    • Having my aunt commit suicide when we were 12/13 because of the sexual abuse
    • Being sent into foster care because of the sexual abuse "for my own protection"
    • Being blamed for the abuse by my mother and foster mother
    • Being marketed by my mother to the first "brother" who would take me
    • Being married to a man I barely knew and who abused me for 15 years
    • Almost losing my second baby and then having the blood issue come up (fortunately they discovered it was a faulty test)
    • Being a JW and controlled for 22 years
    • Being date raped
    • Being sexually abused by my husband for most of our marriage
    • Wanted to die because I felt so trapped
    • Being forced to sit in front of a JC and tell about the abuse in my marriage and not being believed and the date rape
    • Having my mother yet again abandon me
    • Never getting to know my 3 brothers or sisters because we didn?t grow up together
    • Losing all my "friends" when I left the JWs and really needed support

How do I choose?

Most of the time it just feels like one huge long nightmare

But I sure am glad it is over

Sorry about the earlier comment Min. As you can see this can be a downer for some of us

• Prisca
    Prisca

Thanks (((Smyler))) and (((Gumby)))

I suppose the only good thing that comes out of having had traumatic events happen to you in life, is that you get some perspective on things. You see ppl complain about trivial stuff and think, sheesh, if only you'd lived in my shoes, then you'd have something to complain about!

• donkey
    donkey

(((Prisca)))

I am sorry for what you have been through.

Jack

• minimus
    minimus

Prisca and Lady Lee, I admire you. You ladies have gone through so much! When persons speak ill of you, whether it be your mother, LL or other posters, Prisca, please know that many of us have a special fondness for you and appreciate your perspectives in life. Your comments and others that have posted only show us how foolish we are when we judge people while not knowing what they must bear in life. ....Thank you for sharing with us your pain as well as your happinesses.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Going through my cousin Sharon's cancer chemo therapy treatments with her, being with her during the day to day dying process, having her husband phone us at 2 AM to say she was calling out for me during the night, and driving to her place to hold her hand in the middle of the night just to tell her "I'm here", racing to the hospital at midnight and seeing her have a continuous seizure, that lasted for hours, seeing her have horrible treatments that didn't help, and then being there the last day and watching her die. Absolutely the hardest thing I've ever had to do. September 6, 2001. Two days after her memorial was 9/11

It was a rough year. My stepfather died two weeks before Sharon did.

(((((((((((Lee))))))))))))) and ((((((((((((((Prisca)))))))))))) I didn't know your stories. They make mine insignificant. I wonder how you survived............how horrible.

• shamus
    shamus

Mulan,

Horrible experience. Didn't that just happen recently??

Prisca, OMG! Pretty far from the ideal childhood! It's amazing how horribly some people can treat they're own family... I am so sorry, Prisca.

LL, I don't know how you survived, friend!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit