No pension no preparation for retirement

by Mikejw 96 Replies latest jw friends

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Armageddon will ALWAYS be no more than 3-5 years away. No more than 7 especially. It is very evident in their literature. WTs from the late 1960's present this.

Also a WT study from 1989 which said the ''end would come before the end of the 20th Century'' only to have revised this before publishing the bound volumes to erase this.

The ''end'' will ALWAYS be no more than a few years away. Causing thousands of people, if not millions of victims from planning their retirement.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STANLIVEDEATH:

But, can somebody who NEVER worked still collect anything? That’s my question.

I would be surprised if they did.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BETH SARIM:

We are over twenty years into the millennium. All the nonsense and fervor by Witnesses as well as other religions, etc. has been debunked. Remember Y2K? Also, enough Witnesses (if their eyes are open) have seen what happened to older JWs who didn’t plan.

So, I have a problem believing the same number of JWs TODAY are going to check their brains at the door like in the past and not plan for their retirement.

JWs who have to stay in the religion (for the sake of relatives) can still plan. They just have to keep their mouths shut and not blab their business all over the place like stupid children….This is a weakness for Witnesses and they better work on it.. Nobody has to know anybody has a 401K or contributes to anything.

Just make sure you don’t use a JW as a tax preparer like I did. My business got blabbed all over the place. I was told by this person: “you’ll never see this money” (meaning, I presume, that Armageddon will have come). Well, I am Retired several years.

I openly spoke about retirement planning if the topic came up. I know I wasn’t the only one who planned and a few other people here and there thought as I did.👍🏻

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Hard-core Jw's who believe in Jw stuff and don't bother to plan for their future don't get any sympathy from me.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FOOLEDNOMORE:

Me neither.

This is why I am Glad I am no longer in the religion as I do not want any of these people coming up to me looking for money or anything else! This is what’s happening there now.

• hoser
    hoser

The worst kind are the ones that ridicule me for working so darn hard.

What really ticks me off about many jws is how they like to waste my time, literally. Tasks that could be carried out in a short timeframe, say an hour or so seem to get dragged out so it takes up my entire Saturday

• Biahi
    Biahi

Hey, guess what? I just retired July 31st. I’ve worked a full time job with benefits for 40 years. I have a pension and social security (when I file for it). I’m almost 63 years old. I’ve been out of the organization almost 40 years, and don’t regret a single minute being out of this abusive organization. I wanted to “have a life”, and I have, complete with holidays, birthdays, family, friends, etc. I just want them to come to my door now. I will have some interesting things to tell them.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    ongHairGal2 hours ago

STANLIVEDEATH:

But, can somebody who NEVER worked still collect anything? That’s my question.

I would be surprised if they did.

absolutely--the safety net of Uk social security. Makes no difference if the claimant has never worked a day in their lives...which is a fact in many parts of the UK.

• hoser
    hoser

In Canada you can collect if you haven’t worked much. In fact you can do better than some who saved but didn’t save enough. A few years ago someone figured out that if you have $300,000 in your rrsp at retirement you would have been better off by saving nothing.

The government likes clawing back benefits from people they consider high earners. When you withdraw your rrsp it is considered income and you don’t qualify for some benefits.

When you finally go to a nursing home if you have money they charge you $4000 per month . If you don’t have money they charge about 1000 per month.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HOSER:

Well, here in the USA it’s not like that. You have to pay into Social Security to get anything (unless you are a spouse of someone who paid in or disabled and qualify for something else).

While it may be true that they penalize high-earners where you are - the problem with saying this is that you will have lazy fools (JWs and others) who will use this as an excuse to do absolutely nothing. And that’s the truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit