No pension no preparation for retirement

by Mikejw 96 Replies latest jw friends

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

Anna “One thought - if someone chooses to spill the beans of what they know, there might be a living in it. But maybe even that will not be required.”

what do you mean? How could you earn a living spilling the beans? You mean like Lloyd Evans?

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Well yes. I don't recommend it. But people do write books and things.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MIKEJW:

Yes, this is very sad and I wish the general public knew more about this.

This is my favorite topic to bash and I have commented on numerous threads about it. Why? I personally was criticized, panned, gossiped about, trashed and shunned because I had a full-time job that I refused to quit back in the day to appease these hypocrites.

Meanwhile, all the older people led cushy lives collecting THEIR pensions since THEY were once in the workforce. But, yet poverty was pushed for baby boomers(?) Luckily for me I wasn’t buying it and I’m sorry for anybody who did. (Too bad the older busybodies in the congregation who helped push poverty on younger people aren’t alive today to help JWs they grossly misled.)

I wisely held onto my job until Retirement. What difference does it make now what they thought about me back then? 🤣

And certainly what difference does it make now to poor JWs and pioneers who got invited to special gatherings back then I was excluded from? They were patted on the back and told how ‘spiritual’ they were. Well, this means nothing now and isn’t going to pay their bills.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''No pension or plans for retirement''

That's because that's something the Borg will never tell it's followers to do. It's always the ''end is right around the corner''.. If the Borg did tell it's members to plan for retirement, or pension plan,,,it would contradict it's entire dooms-day, Armageddon, propaganda rubbish. Totally contradictory from it's dooms-day rubbish which it spews to this very day.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I learned along time ago that Watchtower only cares about one thing only, Money!

Doesn't care who it defraud or steals to get it! " be warm and well feed. Just keep sending your money!"

• Smiles
    Smiles

WT can use & abuse special full-time volunteers in this way because those volunteers often ignorantly agree to the WT "vow of obedience & poverty"

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.
    ''No pension or plans for retirement''
    That's because that's something the Borg will never tell it's followers to do. It's always the ''end is right around the corner''..

So true!

• Smiles
    Smiles

Does anyone else depise that newer original song/video from WT... "Just Around the Corner"

They glamorize wasting decades of life pursuing the WT mirage.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/music-songs/original-songs/just-around-the-corner/

Just Around the Corner

• Jazzbo
    Jazzbo

I know lots of Witnesses with pensions and retirement savings. If some chose not to make those provisions because of the comments and opinions of idiots that it's on them. I question if you can find one official pronouncement saying you shouldn't make provisions for retirement. Plenty to blame the Organization for but I think that's a stretch.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

They put out this kind of info

*** w10 11/15 p. 20 ‘Let Us Present Jehovah’s Offering’ ***

Insurance: Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania may be named as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy or a retirement/pension plan

*** yb09 p. 229 Lands of the Former Yugoslavia ***Another sister, Gordana Siriški, relates that when her mother collected her month’s pension, it was worth only the price of one roll of toilet paper. “It’s really hard to understand how people could survive,” said Gordana, “when everything they possessed suddenly became worthless. Thanks to our worldwide brotherhood, we received relief supplies from abroad. As people lost faith in the banks and the government, many found faith in God, and the brothers drew closer to one another.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit