Mass Shooting at Kingdom Hall in Hamburg, Germany

by EdenOne 171 Replies latest social current

• Alethia
  • StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I cannot imagine the horror of meeting such violence in a place where people go, seeking God, peace and happiness.

Something similar happened in Quebec City (Canada) where a man suffering a mental breakdown, entered a Mosque and shot at people gathered there (news article here). This has happened 5 years ago and the larger community still feels it.

What is shocking about things like that happening in Occident countries is that we like to think of ourselves as civilized and somewhat superior to other countries that suffer much unrest and civil conflicts. And yet, when things like that happen, we are reminded that chaos is at our door step even when we feel the most secure.

Horrible.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Sad to hear it happen. Churches across Europe are under attack. In the US many Orthodox synagogues (Jews are amongst the highest attacked groups) have taken to having armed guards and encourage members to conceal carry. Sadly, JWs will never be allowed to protect themselves and the WTBTS will make this into a media spectacle instead, the GB are crisis actors when it comes to this.

• Gorb
    Gorb

I pray for the involved persons and family's, it is at moments a terrible world.

Still no news at jw.org

Remember the incident in Australië, in the 80's.

My first reaction when still a jw was "were was the protaction from Jehovah".

G.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Sad news. No one deserves this. I wonder what effect this will have on JWs. Some had the belief they were protected by angels while attending meetings and conventions. Many circuit overseers would talk about JWs who lost their lives BECAUSE they stayed home from a meeting and a disaster like a tornado, civil insurrection, or flood occurred while all the GOOD JWs were at the meeting.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Jehovah's Witnesses are as humans as anyone else and therefore exposed to the same dangers as everyone else. This time it was their turn to be targeted, and there wasn't any supernatural intervention to spare them from harm. On one hand, it says that they're no different than everyone else; on the other hand it says they're not some special breed.

Nobody deserves to die while gathered peacefully as a community to worship. Then again, I'm sure the question in many people's minds will be: Where was Jehovah? Where was Jesus? Where were the angels? The way the Watchtower spins it, everytime the JWs are engaged in Jehovah's service, they're under special protection from their enemies; yet time and time again that idea is proven false.

Think about the tremendous earthquake that destroyed Lisbon in 1755. It took place on November 1st at 09:00 when the churches were packed with believers attending mass for All Saints Day. Thousands died when the church buildings collapsed over them. Where was God then? That tragedy led many to dare to question their beliefs, like Voltaire, paving the way for modern secularism. Likewise, I'm sure this senseless tragedy will cause many JWs to pause and start thinking too if what they've been taught is truth or vaporware.

My heart goes out to those whose life is forever changed by this tragedy. Nobody deserves to die like this. Nobody deserves the trauma they're going to have to endure for the rest of their lives.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

nothing on the wt website

• Bribie
    Bribie

JW’s are not paranoid and frightened about going to the KH.

This sort of violence is so common in these the last days and Armageddon will soon put a stop to it all. And the resurrection will undo all the suffering and hurt that Satans world inflicts on us all!

• Roxie
    Roxie

This is a tragedy. I officially left the JWs about 7 years ago and do not read much about the religion anymore. This event moved me in a very unexpected way. I have JW family.

I don't care what the GB will do with it. It is a horrendous event and JWs probably could not defend themselves. To the best of my knowledge, in most European countries most people do not own guns. In the time of such an event you run or find a place to hide. According to witnesses there were 12 shots fired. It probably took less than 1 or 2 minutes to kill 7 people and the time for a reaction was very limited.

My condolences to all people affected by this horrific event.

I hope no more will die due to blood issues.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

I wonder how Lloyd Evens will report on this mass shooting? It’s not that far from him to be honest he could drive to Germany and try to talk to locals.

Was it random terrorising a random Christian group or was it a disgruntled ex JW targeting specifically to do with the ongoing issues of shunning ect?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit