WOULD YOU GIVE THE JW'S THIS?

by integ 100 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

OK. I've given this some thought.

Some of the most beautiful individuals I've known have been witnesses. Truly wonderful people: great friends, terrific parents. Conversely, the single most evil being I've ever encountered was a witness. So, I try to judge the individual on their own merits, not the organization they belong to.

That having been said, WTBS has no redeeming qualities that I'm aware of, and they can kiss my sweet native butt.

• gumby
    gumby

The problem lies in.......the society DEMANDS allegiance in these 'good qualities".

How many dubs would go to war if it was encouraged or at least not prohibited in ANY manner? I'll bet many would have gone. How many would vote and play a part in politics......if it too were not prohibited in ANY manner?

Dubs do these things because it is required of them........not always how they personally feel......that's the difference. As far as not smoking, doing drugs, excessive drinking, fornication, .....many religions hold these same views as to the bad side of these things.

Gumby

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

They don't kill in war as such but they are responsible for people dying refusing blood, organs, vaccinations, party cards..........(some are current teachings, some not.........because they change their minds)..............and they are even responsible for deaths by suicide because of the practice of shunning. And let's not forget deaths of relationships and family units.

So they don't go to war, well I know non-jws that are conscientious objectors! But dubs ARE responsible for deaths!

Smoking, well, they use to do that anyhow!

Bliss

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl
    I think they promote good morals and family life.

Amac, read some of my previous posts. I couldn't disagree with you more.

• rocketman
    rocketman

>I'd like to give them something.....ain't easy!

The non-war thing is, to me, nice - but impractical in this world. I'll ask this - who saved the jws from Hitler? It was the Allied forces. My point is that, as long as there are bad guys, there must be good guys who are able and willing to take them on. If there's going to be no war, then everybody must drop their weapons - and that obviously hasn't happened. Until it does, war seems to be a necessary evil, and sitting on the sidelines and saying 'we won't fight' while others fight and die for their freedom seems to be selfish.

One jw I was with in service last year told a householder that Jehovah used the Allies to defeat Hitler.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Btw, I've seen several messy jw cars, inside and out.

• minimus
    minimus

Structure------Mind control---- Discipline-----Counsel-----Repetition-----Structure----Mind control------Disc

• mustang
    mustang

Dirty, messy 4 DOOR cars.

Mustang

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

They don't smoke, but they turn a blind eye to child molestation.

They don't go to war, but they let their children die.

They don't vote, but they hypocritically belonged to the UN, and now accept donations from the UW.

They go to foreign countries and "preach" to total strangers that God is love, while they haven't spoken to their own family for ten years.

They abstain from adultery, fornication, etc., yet turn a blind eye to child molestation..(oops, did I say that already???)

Sorry.....

Yes, I've known some witnesses who were beautiful people. I have no doubt that they would have been that way even if they weren't witnesses. I've known some beautiful people from other religions, and some from no religion. I know wonderful people who are athiests. Most religions have a basic truth. Love your fellow man or woman. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

It's not the teachings or the beliefs I find fault with. It's the hypocrisy.

April

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Their booklet, 'Legally Establishing The Good News' cites cases wherein ALL people benefited from their persistent fight for freedom of religion. Individual and collective freedoms are a must to a free society, if not, well, you fill in the blanks.

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit