WOULD YOU GIVE THE JW'S THIS?

by integ 100 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• integ
    integ

A JW relative brought out something I actually had to agree with. We were discussing positive vs. negative aspects of the "Truth". She brought out that the witnesses do not participate in war, and I thought 'Gee, that's probably a good thing'. What "good thing's" would you be willing to give the Jw's credit for????? Beside's "Miracle Wheat".

Thanks,

Integ.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

They do not smoke

• blondie
    blondie

Mormons don't smoke either.

Yes, Jesus said, "You will know my disciples because they do not smoke."

I bet some of those JW molesters don't smoke either.

Sorry, but I don't consider an admirable trait.

Blondie

• flower
    flower

They dont participate in war but they take advantage of the freedom that others have fought and died for. I dont give them anything because almost everything positive they do is so hypocritical that it doesnt count. They do some good things but they do them for the wrong reasons so I cant give it to them.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

No smoking and a public speaking school. That's all.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Uhm... they don't vote, consider politicians hypocrits, and yet they will fight for their social rights. And they are not prepared to give anything back for it, like loyalty to their country...very good traits indeed....

-

Blue Bubblegum Girl

• Badger
    Badger

Don't run around on their spouses

Stay out of world politics

Encourage bible study

Help those hurting

Show compassion to all

protect and promote family life

make sense?

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Yes, there are definitely some positive traits about the Witnesses. But every one of thost traits has a dark side.

It's true, they don't fight wars. But they also believe that serving in the medical corps is just as wrong as being on the front lines.

They don't smoke; regrettably, they also disfellowship people for smoking.

They have a public speaking school; unfortunately, they often coerce small children or the introverted into participating beyond their ability.

They encourage family closeness; but they also encourage abusive parenting and male patriarchy, and break up families through the disfellowshipping arrangement.

I could go on, but I think I've made my point.

• wednesday
    wednesday

Public speaking. Possibly have the benefit of meeting people of other races and social groups .

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Hitler didn't smoke, either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit