WOULD YOU GIVE THE JW'S THIS?

by integ 100 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• qwerty
    qwerty

Flower said.........

They don't participate in war but they take advantage of the freedom that others have fought and died for. I don't give them anything because almost everything positive they do is so hypocritical that it doesn't count. They do some good things but they do them for the wrong reasons so I cant give it to the

When they say "yes but if everyone did as we do there would be no war" >>>>>>>>

I tried this on my wife........

I say yes that's true, but that is not going to happen in this "system of things" (just been sick ) or words to that effect. It catches them out when you ask - What would happen if say your family was being attack by a mad man with a deadly weapon. Would you stand by passively and watch, or would you defend them with your life????????

That really gets them thinking. The second World War was the same thing on a larger scale.

Isn't it amazing how your belief and values change when you are not in the JW mindset any more!!!!!

Qwerty

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Do they seriously have a text called 'Legally Establishing The Good News' ?

Anyway, what would I give them? Little rewards for toeing the line

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

If everyone did as they did there wouldn't be wars.....There wouldn't be doctors or computers or environmental regulations.........

I challege the notion that if the world were Jws there would not be wars, Iv'e seen wars in congregations. I would rather say that if the whole world believed in peaceful resolutions to disagreements the world would have no wars. This is the message of the hippie movement not the JWs, they want to kill everyone that disagrees with them and then forever their god will squash any futrure dissenters for all eternity without needing tolerence. (WT teaching)

• Zoewrex
    Zoewrex

Didn't they create the internet?

I would say they stand up for what they believe (whether it's correct or not doesn't matter here)

I've watched someone go from just plain mean to actually thinking about her words and actions before saying and doing them (This isn't true in all cases)

Encourages intrest in the 'Bible' (which backfires on many)

• amac
    amac
    Amac, read some of my previous posts. I couldn't disagree with you more.

I'm sorry but I don't see any posts on this thread and I really don't have time to go searching through all your posts. If you have a point you would like to make regarding my post, I would be happy to discuss it.

• Gerard
    Gerard
    The light just keeps getting brighter! >>amac

• amac
    amac

Gerard, go back to working on your JW conspiracy theories.

• Gerard
    Gerard

Conspiracy? There's no such thing within the JW.

Pssst! Wanna buy a bag of Miracle Wheat?

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    I think they promote good morals and family life. I find it amusing that the question was about what good qualities you can find in the JWs but everyone seems to be unable to not focus on negative aspects. Everyone and every group have negative aspects, that wasn't the question.

This sent a shudder up my spine when I read it. Any religion that grants their elders permission to peer into the bedrooms of their flock is not a promotion of good morals. It is a police state that demands the followers disclose everything about their personal life when asked. To penalize members for their private sexual activity by threatening methods of punishment (judicial committees, shunning, etc.) does not "promote" good morals but rather keeps the flock in their control through fear and intimidation. Ask anyone who has been brought before a judicial committee for a sexual infraction. Most will tell you that the elders demanded lurid, explicit details of the sexual activity, not mere generalization.

This is the same religion that teaches that homosexuality is caused by masturbation and/or demon possession. Where is the morality in teaching unsubstantiated myth?

This is the same religion that protects pedophiles in their midst through an archaic and assinine "two witnesses rule". Where is the morality in this?

Having said that, yes, there is one positive aspect of the JWs I can think of: When I first became a JW, I was excruciatingly shy. Through their public speaking and field service programs, I was able to overcome my shyness and learn to speak out with boldness for what I believe in. Little did they know that one day I would use their training to help others escape from behind the walls of the Watchtower.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

It just occurred to me that if the whole world were Militant Muslims there would be no wars either. All trhe infidels are gone there would be noone to kill. The issue is tolerence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit