Is Satan Real ?

by jdash 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jdash
    jdash

I've been pondering on this question for awhile now, and I'm starting to think this malevolent spirit creature isn't real.

Do you guys believe Satan is real? If not, why?

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Although I don't think he's real, once you've scrutinized the bible accounts and found God wanting - he seems like one angel that started critical thinking! And then got a bad rewrite. Those apostates!

• flipper
    flipper

No, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

P.S. If I'm wrong, then Satan is Donald Trump

• never a jw
    never a jw

Yes, he is real. I think God created him to blame all the evil He had done and will continue doing after the time of Satan's creation, sometime in the Persian period. Before Satan's birth, he was only an employee of God doing his will (Angel of Yahweh) with similar name.

Compare 1 Chronicles 21:1 (Satan's first and only evil act in the old testament) to 2 Samuel 24:1 (the real evil doer)

By the time of the new testament Satan had had a lot of practice and had become really good at evil doing. Today, pretty much every evil act is caused by Satan and every good act is done by God. But any discerning person knows that the buck stops with God because he created Satan.

Did I make any sense???

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    No, Peace out, Mr. Flipper
    P.S. If I'm wrong, then Satan is Donald Trump

Agreed!

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

He's a 'real' part of Hebrew mythology, a.k.a. the bible!

just saying!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

No of course not its just another character with ancient mythology like Yahweh and and his son the messiah Jesus.

What is real is the imaginative characterizations of these gods expressed through human intent, reason and purpose.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

If you have never actually seen something, have seen zero evidence that it exists, and not been personally affected by it in any way, would you believe in it? Does the fact that millions of people believe in it, and someone wrote about it in ancient manuscripts change things? Millions of people believe in Krishna too, should we all believe in Krishna, just in case?

Every JW has heard the supposed demon stories, but they all seemed to be the result of an overactive imagination by the more gullible people, all could be easily explained by known phenomena such as sleep parslysis.

So, no, I don't believe in Satan.

• cofty
    cofty

Having an imaginary friend is sad, having an imaginary enemy is tragic.

Satan doesn't appear in Hebrew mythology until after the Babylonian exile. He was appropriated from Persian folklore.

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

Satan IS real!!! I have an ex-wife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit