Is Satan Real ?

by jdash 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice
    I'm starting to think this malevolent spirit creature isn't real.

Congratulations, by thinking you seem to have answered your own question. Isn't that great?

• jp1692
    jp1692

I only believe in things for which there is evidence.

There is no tangible evidence for the existence of either Satan or Jehovah.

Therefore I believe in neither.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

No. It's all just fairy tales.

The Bible is full of stupidity like all the so called 'holy books' in this silly world.

So. Don't worry.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

You atheists make me laugh when they say I dont exist.

You can see me now cant you ?

So now does that make it a fact that I dont exist ?

https://fencingwithink.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/lies-5.jpg

• Giordano
    Giordano
    A figure known as "the satan" first appears in the Tanakh as a heavenly prosecutor, a member of the sons of God subordinate to Yahweh, who prosecutes the nation of Judah in the heavenly court and tests the loyalty of Yahweh's followers by forcing them to suffer. During the intertestamental period, possibly due to influence from the Zoroastrian figure of Angra Mainyu, the satan developed into a malevolent entity with abhorrent qualities in dualistic opposition to God. In the apocryphal Book of Jubilees, Yahweh grants the satan (referred to as Mastema) authority over a group of fallen angels to tempt humans to sin and punish them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satan

One of the things one should think about is that everything evolved from something that came before.

Put another way groups sat around the campfire and retold tales from past histories. That's why every culture had witches, werewolves, shape changers, gods and demons.

They were useful tools to explain away those things not understood.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

It's scary to realize that here in the year 2018, a good share of the voting public still believes in the Devil. Many of them also believe that each of us have a guardian angel who rides around on our shoulder, helping us find our missing shoes and lost car keys.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

of course i'm real

i'm here aint i ?

ffs.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

GOD has a split personality, one minute he's GOD but when there is a screw up it's Satan...OK this is the real story, God said let there be Satan, so people don't blame everything on me. And let there be lawyers, so people don't blame everything on Satan...George Burns

• atomant
    atomant

Satan is real allright.Almost 100% of posters in here once believed satan was real but had a change of heart.Funny about that.Satan is a man slayer and master manipulator.

• cofty
    cofty
    Almost 100% of posters in here once believed satan was real but had a change of heart.

My heart had nothing to do with it.

Almost 100% of posters here used to believe all sorts of superstitions. Most of us got over it. Join us, it's not as scary as you think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit