Thoughts on Likely Upcoming Changes in the Org.

by Phizzy 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

""Fair point.

How many would truly want to stay if they didn’t have to, though? ""

Probably only the old school ones.. A mere handful.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    How many would truly want to stay if they didn’t have to, though?

I think there are already a lot who stay just for the social network of friends, so I don't think it would change much.

Generally speaking, most congregations of JW's are a good group of people and are a good base of established (yes, we know it's conditional) friends.

• LV101
    LV101

I can't imagine why anyone would be there in the first place but why leave now with positive, mainstream, changes, on the horizon. Money answereth all things -- MO to retain adherents maybe get lucky pick up some disfellowshipped/disillusioned saps so why leave now -- it's a social club plus they feel protected and serving creator at the same time. They can't rely on the oldies -- they'll soon be on other side of dirt and already have their estate plans in the vault.

• Halcon
    Halcon
    To remember the significance of the 1995 change, a person would have to be at least 40 years old.

I'm 45 and I certainly remember. It was pretty monumental even to a teenager like me back then. It was also incredibly strange. I kept asking 'so Armageddon isn't coming in the next two years three years max??'

I remember going out to dinner with friends and their parents. The parents would carry that watchtower and read it over and over, quietly expressing disbelief. Those folks were probably in their 40s and 50s then... l can try to imagine how they felt...sentenced to this system of things?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

""I kept asking so Armageddon isnt coming in the next two or three years max?' ""

Ironically,,, this 1995 change rattled my cage enough and ruffled my feathers enough to crack my indoctrination in my inherited beliefs.

This led to about a decade worth of doubts from 1996 - 2006/07 & waking up fully in 2007.

Combined with the cliqueyness and lack of love in the congregations,,,fully awake in 2007 & since then.

Pandoras box,, its lid blown right off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit