Thoughts on Likely Upcoming Changes in the Org.

by Phizzy 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I am thinking that the "Ten Year Plan" that some have spoken of is the most likely scenario. The Org. has to both attract new members and retain as many existing ones as possible.

So I think they will let the recent changes "Bed In" for a while, maybe a year ? before introducing the next "Biggie".

I think that may well be a relaxation on celebrating Birthdays and Christmas, which can be introduced as a "Conscience Matter", thus new converts can carry on, and J.W's that want to can celebrate those events too, those that don't can refrain, and feel superior.

I have spoken to a good number of ordinary normal people, in J.W Speak "Worldly" people, who mentioned not being able to celebrate as they have for all their lives being the main reason for their rejecting the J.W org.

Thoughts ?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

I think much of the ‘ten year plan’ is based more on speculation rather than actual plans. That said, there does seem to be a general tendency toward the mainstream with recent changes.

I do suspect there will be a continuation of the doctrinal changes. It is unrealistic nonsense to believe that all other religions will be destroyed leaving only JWs, so there will probably be a shift towards emphasising the ‘spiritual paradise’, and that other religions are ‘already spiritually destroyed’.

I don’t see them dropping 1914 any time soon but if they do, it will likely be detrimental to their membership numbers. I also don’t see them starting to allow Christmas or Easter soon. But I wouldn’t be too surprised if birthdays are made a ‘conscience matter’.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I doubt they have a ten year plan, five year plan, or any plan at all. They just react. I expect more changes pretty soon; practically anything is on the table. I think it would be easier to identify things that they most probably will not change.

What they won't change, in my opinion:

Core doctrines like use of name Jehovah, the name Jehovah's Witnesses, soul sleep, eternal life on earth, non-trinity, war neutrality, general congregation organization (elders, ministerial servants), circuit overseer arrangement, an emphasis on recruitment/preaching, I'm sure I've missed some.

Anything outside these sorts of things is on the table for change.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

1914 is the cornerstone to the JW Borg theology..

Without that,,Christ could not have came down and,,inspected all the religions and chosen the International Bible Students Association as Gods channel in 1919.

You hear these governing bodys doubling down on 607BCE as the fall of Jerusalem to Babylon as it lines up with their ideology.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Another thing is the 2 witnesses rule.

Impossible for that to go away. They follow it through and through all the way up. They cant",, and will ""NEHHVer change "" this one. Impossible.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

The two-witness rule is fine for settling issues of sin or immorality that do not rise to the level of criminal actions. The problem with the two-witness rule is when it is applied in cases where there are crimes involved. Police need to be contacted, period. Their investigation and possible trial/conviction of a person is separate from the 'spiritual' investigation the elders are supposed to perform. There's no reason to prevent a person from going to the authorities or even advising against it when the law has been broken.

They should also butt out of any sort of civil legal action taken by members of the congregation. If a brother ripped you off, a group of elders is probably not qualified to perform a proper investigation and would lack legal authority to do things like subpoena documents or personal records (phone/email/etc). Telling you to let it go because it might make the organization look bad is ridiculous and stupid. It also protects scammers who might realize that a JW congregation is a perfect place to con a bunch of people out of their money (a scenario that has happened before, from what I've been told).

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Safe to say I don't think there will be anymore major changes until the annual meeting in October. Strategically speaking they would want to see the results positive or negative of the r&f for now.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Depends on how panicked they are.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" Depends on how panicked they are."

I was wondering that, if they perhaps have realised they need to retain JW's, and perhaps make a few converts, QUICKLY because if they don't, in a short while they would face a massive Cash Flow problem

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i wonder if they will stop counting numbers ? This business of ticking a box each month to say " i did some witnessing " is a bit hit and miss--isnt it ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit