Thoughts on Likely Upcoming Changes in the Org.

by Phizzy 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Phizzy - I was wondering that, if they perhaps have realised they need to retain JW's, and perhaps make a few converts, QUICKLY because if they don't, in a short while they would face a massive Cash Flow problem.”

Ten bucks says the outside consultants told them precisely that, and managed to do so in a manner that the Org found ideologically acceptable.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Im with you.

10$ that the Borg is at risk of a serious cash flow problem.

The Borg colluded with outside sources and these guys told the Borg to ''soften"" things in a way.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

It seems like they are operating with a giant flow chart.

If we lose Norway, then follow this arrow.

If we win Norway, follow this arrow.

After following the Lose Norway arrow, they've now found themselves with a new decision.

If saying hello to disfellowshipped ones, inviting them to the Memorial and crowing about beards and pants doesn't bring people back, but instead backfires...

Yeah. I'd say that's about right where they are right now.

I agree that it's purely reactive and they're throwing anything out there to see what sticks.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Time is both the enemy and friend of the org. There are still way too many of us around that clearly remember pre 1995 , before the generation and so many more changes.

However, that was now almost 30 years ago. Since then, a whole generation of jw's have grown up with the new understanding. In the meantime, how many older ones have passed away - along with their inconvenient memories, which is great for the wt.

Many of us remember our youth consisted of 3 meetings a week, 10 hours witnessing a month and armageddon coming at any moment before the end of the 20th century. It's now 2024 and jw youth have a completely different experience.

Only 2 meetings, with the option to log in remotely. Jw.org to watch cartoons and hear the latest soft rock music. Tick box preaching, no ties or jackets, you can even grow a beard now.

In the 80s and 90s, time was the wt's enemy. As we all get older and less people remember what it used to be really like, the younger generation are growing up with a different normal. Time is becoming the friend of the wt.

Once they remove the weight of the 1914 generation, they are no longer constrained by time pressure.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    “Ten bucks says the outside consultants told them precisely that, and managed to do so in a manner that the Org found ideologically acceptable.“

Like, maybe something along the lines of

…if the End Times actually happened, a more compassionate fellowship has a way higher survival probability than a judgmental clique preoccupied with sexual purity.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JOEY JOJO:

I believe you are right about time being a friend and an enemy.

The death of older Witnesses can be a relief to the religion as they won’t be around to complain about failed prophecies/faulty teachings! Of course, the opposite side of that coin is that these older people are far more faithful than the younger ones would be.

VIDIOT:

When you talk about a ‘compassionate fellowship’ you couldn’t possibly mean some of the older die-hards in the religion!

These judgmental angry people wouldn’t have an ounce of compassion and I could actually picture them very vigorously barring that ‘ark door’ against any less deserving (in their eyes) individuals from getting on!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Thoughts On Likely Upcoming Changes in The Org.

I noticed not once throughout GB Sanderson's 20 minute March #2 Update of the 8 or 9 changes that there was any mention whats-so-ever of the expression 'New Light ' (Proverbs 4:18) which for decades has accompanied any new changes and refinements in WT teachings, beliefs and doctrine. In the past the GB have always mistakenly referenced Proverbs 4:18 to add weight to any changes/refinements in order to justify and bolster their right in doing so.

At time-stamp 4:00 GB Sanderson uses the expression "The Governing Body has prayerfully considered" and the expression "...that's led to a clearer understanding..." then proceeds with the 8 or 9 changes without alluding to Proverbs 4:18 'New Light' but rather uses the expression "...that's led to a clearer understanding" or words to that effect throughout the 20 minute video.

Is WT finally going to stop after 50 to 60 years the misuse & misrepresentation of Proverbs 4:18...me thinks so? Will WT soon follow-up with a Video Update or Broadcast explaining their nolonger referencing Proverbs 4:18 in connection with changes or refinements of Bible Scriptures...who knows?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    LongHairGal - “…When you talk about a ‘compassionate fellowship’ you couldn’t possibly mean some of the older die-hards in the religion!”
    ‘Course not.

I never said they’d like it.

I suggested they might’ve found it acceptable…

…i.e. there’d be very little in it that directly contradicted any of the core tenets of their belief system, whilst giving the appearance of lightening up, in order to meet certain short-term survival needs.

They frame every decision as a “loving provision”. This would fit that MO, even if they didn’t actually mean it.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    I doubt they have a ten year plan, five year plan, or any plan at all. They just react.

Exactly!

They have no plan. It's the blind leading the blind.

(Wonder when that Holy Spirit direction is supposed to kick in?)

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Usually the G.B are only reactive, and usually too late and doing the wrong thing, but it really does seem as though they have advice from outside Experts, and are following that advice so as to head off the looming Cash Flow problem.

Whether this "Plan" has any timescale attached to it by the experts we don't know , but the G.B will naturally wish to drip feed the changes in.

So we may see changes coming thick and fast if they begin to panic that none of it is working well or fast enough.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit