Thoughts on Likely Upcoming Changes in the Org.

by Phizzy 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The best way to boil a frog.

Is to put it in a pot and raise the water temperature from ambient,,, to boiling.

Same with Borg changes.

Imposing ""new light" slow but sure. Calculated.

Who would have thought in 1995.??? When the "generation" change they would be on their behinds watching governing bodys on videos with beards? On their home computer?

No more printed publications at meetings?

The list could go on in the last 25years. Changes.

Slow. Calculated.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

They might get *new light on blood transfusions being a conscience matter.

* Probably legal advice to cover their backsides.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno
    1914 is the cornerstone to the JW Borg theology..
    Without that,,Christ could not have came down and,,inspected all the religions and chosen the International Bible Students Association as Gods channel in 1919.
    You hear these governing bodys doubling down on 607BCE as the fall of Jerusalem to Babylon as it lines up with their ideology.

I wanted to comment on this statement earlier in the thread.

This is how it feels to those of us that grew up in this organization, explored our doubts, deconstructed our faith, and left.

For those still believing, I genuinely believe the 80/20 rule will hold fast if they change 1914. 80% of people will accept it without question, 20% may have doubts. I don't think 20% will leave over it, but a portion of that 20% will leave.

I don't see them dropping the teaching altogether, but "refining" the significance of 1914 and talking less and less about it as being significant as time goes on.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" I don't see them dropping the teaching altogether, but "refining" the significance of 1914 and talking less and less about it as being significant as time goes on. "

That is my assessment too, they have been trying to minimise the significance of the 1914 rubbish for many a year, by mentioning it only as a "given" for example, and stressing that regardless of that date and doctrine we are still in the "Time of The End".

They will continue that latter tactic, and hope that 1914 fades in to a dim memory, as did 1925 and later1975.

But that is the only the least of their problems, and can be dealt with later.

For now, we on the outside, and PIMO's, will wait and watch all the upcoming changes, and the outcomes. With interest and mild amusement.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

1914 & talking about it less,,less,less & less,,,??

Yes. Bang on.

It can be forgotten about. The less its mentioned,, it can be forgotten.

The more something is mentioned ie) governing body,,organization,,slamming higher education obedience etc...just to name a few,, it has a reverse reaction. Its reinforced. Solidifying!!

Yes. Mind control.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I bet they regret reviving the 1914 stuff in 2010 with the overlapping generations video. It had been fading into the background since 1995, and they could be free of it already. Whoever came up with the overlapping generations crap is a world-class idiot.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" Whoever came up with the overlapping generations crap is a world-class idiot. "

Spot on ! That caused a good number to wake up !

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"'Whoever came up with the overlapping generations is a world-class idiot".

Because its ""nonsensical."

"Nonsensical"

Shout out to Telltales' expression.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Whoever came up with the overlapping generations crap is a world-class idiot.

I thought that was David Splane. We haven't seen much of him of late.

George

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Phizzy - “…we may see changes coming thick and fast if they begin to panic that none of it is working well or fast enough.”

Yeah, no way that’ll ever go sideways.

😏

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit