Christadelphian

by Billy1000 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Billy1000
    Billy1000

Hello Everyone

My name is Stephen and i am new to the forum

I am a Christadelphian and through my discussions with fellow members of my Ecclesia it has inspired me to reach out to other religions to find out exactly what others believe to enhance my own faith and further bring me closer to our heavenly father

In no way do i mean disrespect if it has been caused

I have many questions

Firstly i would like to ask

- What does your faith believe to be the blessings that were spoken of.

In particular the promises in the garden of Eden, Abraham and David

The Edenic Promise

Genesis 3 v 15 - And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.

(We believe this points forward to the messiah defeating sin, we believe that this was Christ, and through his death and subsequent resurrection he was able to defeat sin, and allow hope for all)

The Abrahamic Promise

Genesis 12 v 2-3 - And i will make of you a great nation, and i will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing.

I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonours you i will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.

(We believe this points forward to the Jewish people taking and maintaining the promised land, however this also points forward to the final days when the land and the kingdom will be set up forever, however that being said in Galatians it is stated through our love for God and his son we can become apart of the promises)

The Davidic Promise

2 Samuel 7 v 12- When your days are over and you rest with your ancestors, I will raise up your offspring to succeed you, your own flesh and blood,and I will establish his kingdom. He is the one who will build a housefor my Name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. I will be his father, and he will be my son. When he does wrong, I will punish him with a rod wielded by men, with floggings inflicted by human hands. But my love will never be taken away from him, as I took it away from Saul, whom I removed from before you. Your house and your kingdom will endure forever before me; your throne will be established forever.’”

(We believe that this points forward to Gods son, who we believe to be Christ who would set up the throne of God on Earth forever)

I would love to get your opinion on these as i think it is important for my journey.

I thank you in advance for your responses

Regards

Stephen

• Acts5v29
    Acts5v29

Good morning Billy,

No offence taken on my part - it's good to hear talk of the scriptures.

Sadly I am not part of any religion, so I can't answer you. My own ministry - should it be a consideration for your journey - is rather simpler than yours and can be found at www.worshipJehovah.org (not associated with any religion)

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    I'm an agnostidelphian. Nice to meet you. Don't believe Acts 5v29's claim that he isn't a part of any religion. He thinks he alone can unlock the secrets of Revelation. He is trying to start a religion of his own.
  • Billy1000
    Billy1000
    I am not on here to start an argument, more of a discussion regarding the bible.
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    atheist here Billy, the bibles fables of a so called global flood, original sin, the talking serpent, a prophet being swallowed by a giant fish, sacrifices , plagues, and devils and demons being cast down to earth up to a man performing miracles who came from a virgin birth left me to the conclusion that its all a load of baloney.
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome.

JWs and Christadelphians are very similar. Were you raised a Christadelphian? I was raised a JW, and one thing I could not come to terms with is that through an accident of birth I was to be saved, but everyone else, (including you), were to die at Armageddon.

I now find organised religion to be highly offensive. Most religious groups believe that you need to belong to their sect, or the tenet their sect is part of, in order to be acceptable to God. Yet a person has even less say over what they believe about God than what language they speak, it is predominantly due to where they are born.

Before looking into doctrine, you should research the history of the Bible canon. There is no consensus on which books even belong, since the canon was formed after hundreds of years of disagreement, and varies between Christian groups.

• galaxie
    galaxie

@billy1000..." a discussion regarding the bible "..imo to gain anything worthwhile which influences your lifes journey/decisions via the bible, the primary and crucial first investigation is the veracity of the content of these writings..the compilation of the separate documents inc' who had the authority to decide the canon...deciding using your own cognition the timeline application of these ancient texts.. the reasoning behind contemporary application...why is it that there should be so much disagreement on the purpose of the content..and finally why would you come to this site to enhance your faith and lead you closer to your heavenly father. I for one would hope it causes you to question the need for 'faith' and the existence of your 'heavenly father ' who must be guilty for the confusion through the absolute lack of clarity for his creation.

Best wishes and good luck !

• Billy1000
    Billy1000

Yes i was raised a Christadelphian, however i left when i was 18 and re-joined when i was 21.

Yes i would agree with you that many people and many religions believe that unless you are part of their religion you have no hope

However i believe and i know that many others believe now that that is not true

It was once believed that when a person is part of the "right" religion you get a free pass to whatever blessing you believe to be coming

I do not think this way, more Christ says three things to get eternal life.

Love thy God

Love Thy neighbour as thyself

Repent and be baptised

I believe whatever the religion if you do these things you will be given the blessings through the grace and mercy of God

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Do I recall correctly there aren't many Christadelphiabs left and many life in a certain part of the south of England is that right? I read an interesting piece about the huge impact the Emphatic Diaglott by Benjamin Wilson had on the early Watch Tower movement. I think he was a kind of Christadelphian although it is complicated.
  • nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    Hi Billy if you want to get into bible discussion try discussthetruth.com every one here are are pretty much burned out jw's. that are Fed up with the lies and hypocracy of the watchtower organization. Personally I still believe in the Christian teaching found in the bible and our Lord Christ jesus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit