Coronavirus Positive

by snare&racket 75 Replies latest jw friends

• millie210
    millie210

Good Morning S&R

Just checking in to say thanks for all the wonderful info AND hope today is a good day for you

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

Get well soon. Thank you for the informative post.

• LV101
    LV101

Hope you're feeling much better, ditto the good day wishes and appreciation for info - what a war you're enduring.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I'm hoping you recover soon, Snare & Racket.

Is there any value in the use of a steam inhaler

or using a nebulizer with something like 1% hydrogen peroxide?

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

Thank you SO much for your service!!! Sorry you have come down with it. I really appreciate you outlining how the symptoms progress. Do you happen to know how effective the test is at diagnosing?

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@Nathan Natas: Whatever you do, don’t inhale hydrogen peroxide. That stuff is lethal and can cause chemical burns and destroy tissue inside your lungs and various tracts in your body.

It’s also not medically recommended to inhale steam, slightly different reason, both your water and air hosts all sorts of microbes, fungi and even various worm eggs. If you force them in and they lodge in your lung tissue, they could cause irritation or develop into infestations (yes, worms or mold in your lungs is bad). There are a ton of other issues that can be caused by frequent steaming.

Only use nebulizers as recommended by medical professionals - with sterile vials of medicine for asthma.

• belogical
    belogical

Hi S&R

is it OK to use nasal poti Warm saline rinse to clear the sinuses I have been using on for a few years an it helps.

TIA and hope that you get well soon. Its a terrible virus but looking at the wet markets of Asia they have been playing Russian Roulette for years now. I was just a matter of time.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

My health practitioner who signs my prescriptions highly recommended washing out the nostrils because that is where viruses latch on. However, I think neti pots are a pain for multiple reasons, and those nasal cleaning contraptions worry me about mold, etc. (!) Maybe they are just a USA thing. But, you can probably get something like a saline nasal spray, and at the least it wouldn't hurt. Putting your name on it so others in the household do not use it also is a good idea. Maybe cleaning the part that goes in your nose after each use also, easier than cleaning a neti pot, boiling distilled water, adding the right amount of salt and waiting for it to cool... Oh wait I forgot you can probably just buy saline for neti pots, never mind. But nasal sprays are quicker and easier, IMO. There's one by arm and hammer, and there is Xlear as examples.

Hope to hear from Snare when possible, hope he is o.k.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

S&R:

Check in if you can. It’s been a couple days. Hope things are OK.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Snare, you have us sitting on the edge of our seats waiting for an update.

We have a family member who is a nurse that just discovered she was exposed to the virus and she is now under observation for a week or so.

Take care!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit