Not a sympathizer

by Richard Oliver 130 Replies latest jw experiences

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    richard: I also suspect that if you ask on here if Watchtower is a high control organization, you would get a resounding yes. But that is not an automatic when you ask the general public. But that is not an automatic when you ask the general public.

Yeah. Guess why that is?

It is because the general public does not have all the facts

Being uninformed does not make a subjective opinion valid

• just fine
    just fine

Being uneducated about a certain topic does not change the facts. Just because someone doesn't know the JWs are a high control group- doesn't mean they are not.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Orphan crow. If you read my whole comments. I said even if you tell the general public anything you want. I knew what your argument would be. But you think that even if you presented, whatever facts, not opinions, that it would be automatic that the majority of the general public would say Watchtower is a high control organisation. If you do, again that is your opinion, but personally I find that far fetched. And since it is impossible to study it, all it would be is an argument with no way to prove one way or the other.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

"It's my personal opinion!"

and

"I'm only interested in facts."

are two diametrically opposed ways of thinking.

You are being inconsistent in your argument, and it is therefore falling down.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Great teacher. It is not contridiction. I never presented my opinion as a fact. Even scientist, and I am not saying I am, has opinions but they don't try and present their opinion as faceted. When I presented something that was an opinion, I predicated it with saying it is my opinion and that I can only speak to my own opinion or experience. I said that people have the right to their opinion or feelings but that doesn't mean it is a fact. No one should try and present their opinion as fact. Not watchtower not people here and not me. If I have an opinion and tried to pass it off as a fact please let me know and I will apologize for that.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Richard, you are so wrong that I don't even know where to start.

If you find that defining an organization as "high control" is a far fetched concept....then I doubt you have the capacity to define what a fact is, what an opinion is...etc

Determining whether or not the WTS fits the parameters of what would constitute a high control organization is not about forming a subjective "opinion". Choosing to reject the evidence, however, is a subjective action...which you are doing

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Orphan crow. You are twisting my words. Please read what I said. I said that it is far fetched to believe that if you conducted a survey of the general public, after telling those people what you want, that automatically those people would unionformally call Watchtower a high control organization. Did I say that you cannot convince people, or present facts that would get people to accept that? I never said that. So just as previously you don't want me to put words in your mouth, please do the same to me, don't put words in my mouth.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Orphan crow. But you think that even if you presented, whatever facts, not opinions, that it would be automatic that the majority of the general public would say Watchtower is a high control organisation.....RO

Orphan Crow didn`t say that..

Your making shit up again...

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

Outlaw.he wrote:

It is because the general public does not have all the facts

The reasonable inference is that if the general public have all the facts than they would form a different opinion.

Outlaw you love to have different rules for people you agree with and those who don't. If some infers a opinion based on what Watchtower, as long as it is negative you would be all for it. And honestly outlaw if you disagree with me I couldn't careless. I don't think any statement I make you wouldn't find a issue with that. And just to be clear that is not a fact but is my opinion.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Outlaw.he wrote:

It is because the general public does not have all the facts....RO

Wrong again..

I didn`t post that.....But.....I agree with it..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit