Freaking savages--Muslim Women Killed in the West

by ashitaka 51 Replies latest social current

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Horrible.

Muslim Women Killed in the West 13-Oct-2003
    In the Middle East, Muslim are women are killed for disobedience, becoming too ?westernized? or refusing to marry the men selected for them by their families. But it happens in the West as well. Some countries are so disturbed by this that they?re sending immigrants home who refuse to modernize.

Terri Judd writes in The Independent that a Muslim father living in the U.K. slit his daughter's throat because he believed she had become too westernized. When Abdalla Yones found out his 16-year-old child Heshu was seeing a Christian teenager, he stabbed her 11 times, after breaking down the door to the bathroom where she was barricaded.

Yones is a Kurd who fled Iraq 10 years ago, bringing his family to the U.K. He found out his daughter?s secret when she sent him a letter about her plans to leave home, saying, "Bye Dad, sorry I was so much trouble. Me and you will probably never understand each other, but I'm sorry I wasn't what you wanted, but there's some things you can't change?Hey, for an older man you have a good strong punch and kick. I hope you enjoyed testing your strength on me, it was fun being on the receiving end. Well done." He was sentenced to life in prison after becoming the first person in the U.K. to admit to committing an ?honor killing.?

Other honor killings in the U.K. include Rukhsana Naz, age 19, who was strangled by her brother Shazad while her mother held her legs down for becoming pregnant by another man, while married to a man her parents chose for her in Pakistan. Her mother and brother were sentenced to life in prison.

In February, 2003, Faqir Mohammed was sentenced to life in prison for stabbing his daughter, Shahida, age 24, to death, after finding her lying, fully clothed, on her bed with her boyfriend. He tried to kill the boy, but Shahida stood in his way.

Surjit Kaur Athwal, age 26, disappeared on a trip to India in 1998 after she filed for divorce. Her husband was arrested but denied any involvement, and three other relatives were also held, then released.

In January, 2003, Sahda Bibi, age 21, was stabbed to death on the day of her wedding, after refusing to an arranged marriage. Her cousin fled to Pakistan after the murder.

G2Bulletin.com reports that French Interior Minister Nicholas Sarkozy says, "Mosques where fundamentalism is preached will be shut down?We want to rid Islam in France of foreign influences. Imams who make statements that run contrary to the values of the Republic will be deported." There are 5 million Muslims in France, mostly of North African descent.

Denmark's government has developed plans to stop the activities of radical religious leaders, which critics say are aimed at Islamic clerics. Under the new rules, religious leaders have to be financially self-sufficient, speak Danish and respect "Western values" or risk being kicked out of the country. Integration Minister Bertel Haarder says, "I think the most fundamentalist of the imams, who are poorly educated and speak Danish badly, will end up having to go back home. The imams have a very negative influence on both parents and young people."

• joannadandy
  • avishai
    avishai

This is why europe needs to bring back the effing death penalty.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

So called 'honour killings' are more a characteristic of the cultures of specific areas than of Islam itself; the Pushtan tribes of Northern Pakisatn and Afghanistan being some of the worst offenders. It's a nasty nasty misogynistic culture.

A few weeks ago in Tilburg a Afghani man stabbed his sister in the train station 'cause she was seeing a white guy... fortunately she survived, and he was cornered and arrested.

But before we wag our fingers too enthusiastically, there have been incidents of white Christian's killing daughters or siblings because they feel they have dishounoured the family; and normally THEY had the benefit of a Western education... and still killed the woman.

And as for;

"This is why europe needs to bring back the effing death penalty."

Yes, we really need to institute a parodic travesty of justice that serves no purpose other than revenge and punishment - I suppose our own sort of 'honour killing' - and institute it KNOWING that it will invariably kill innocent people and KNOWING that it won't reduce the level of homicides.

We haven't been killing people for killing people in Europe for decades, and our society is still FAR more peaceful than American society (homicides are 1/5-1/8th of American levels); yeah, smart move, bring back the death penalty, just what we need...

Honestly, I don't realistically expect American to lose it's enchantment with the death penalty for at least a decade, although I'd be happy if sanity prevailed earlier. I don't see anyway that an American could realistically expect Europe to take a step back in jurisprudence and join China and the USA in judicial killing.

• Simon
    Simon

While it's easy to blame it on 'Mulsim' we should compare the number of killings done in the west. Of course, they are not labelled 'christian' killings because it doesn't fit with the media (or government) propaganda and steryotypes.

Really, is there any valid reason for killing your children? Of course not ... and muslims are not the only ones who do it.

• avishai
    avishai

Abaddon & Simon. I applaud & appreciate your gentle souls, & agree that there is much wrong with the death penalty. That being said, there are monsters in our world that I do not think should be allowed to live on the taxpayer dollar while children in europe & america are starving.

It seems that you may think i apply this only to muslims. I don't. This is barbaric in any society, & there are many muslims who would'nt do this.

I think diversity is a good thing per se. Even tolerance. But, for us to say that we have to except everything from all cultures is valid is something i refuse to do. Honor killings are abomination. So is drowning infants mereley because they are female, as is done in some cultures. We forget these things sometimes. Many people would say the same of the JW's, it's OK, because that's their religion, their culture. Same thing. I refuse to believe, as I once did that it is a religious right to allow your child to die because of a religious belief. We have become so afraid of stepping on others"freedoms" that we stand idly by & allow these things to happen. It's the same complacency that allowed some of us to turn a blind eye to child molesting, leaving it in "Jehovahs hands". In these instances, your damn right i'm intolerant.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Ashitaka-

The story was appalling. I sometimes forget how rotten the world is, thanks for the reminder.

Ab-

Yes, we really need to institute a parodic travesty of justice that serves no purpose other than revenge and punishment - I suppose our own sort of 'honour killing' - and institute it KNOWING that it will invariably kill innocent people and KNOWING that it won't reduce the level of homicides.

We haven't been killing people for killing people in Europe for decades, and our society is still FAR more peaceful than American society (homicides are 1/5-1/8th of American levels); yeah, smart move, bring back the death penalty, just what we need...

Honestly, I don't realistically expect American to lose it's enchantment with the death penalty for at least a decade, although I'd be happy if sanity prevailed earlier. I don't see anyway that an American could realistically expect Europe to take a step back in jurisprudence and join China and the USA in judicial killing.

<---------- This is all I'm going to bother giving in response to the above because I don't want this thread going totally off topic. Besides, I know your side and I'm sure you know mine. Hey here's another for good measure: .

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Hi avishai:

(Where's the handle from?)

Ah, you mentioned the Death Penalty, a red rag to a bull like me. I doubt if I'd change your opinion and I ain't seen any stats that make me think "Wow, it really does work then!".

All but the most seriously mental and liable to reoffend get a chance to re-enter society in Holland, and that's normally within eight years.

With 0.01 murders per 1000 people (compared to 0.05 per 1000 people) and 0.1 rapes per 1000 people (compared to 0.32 per 1000 people), it would seem such leniancy doesn't have any ill effect, or conversely that real-life sentences and the death penalty have no effect on the rate of serious crime against the person.

Even with the death penalty and a per capita jail population of 6.41 per 1000 people (nine times higher than the Netherland's 0.73 per 1000 people), it doesn't seem to make any difference to overall crime rates, which are 81.26 per 1000 people in Holland and 84.39 per 1000 people in the USA; it's not like the Dutch are just very law abiding.

Therefore, with the largest per capita number of people in jail anywhere in the world, I find claims that the death penalty saving is taxpayers money in the USA a little unconvincing. Far better to reintegrate them back in society and paying taxes, something which dead men don't do.

I agree that such crimes are utterly abborhent no matter who does them. I think that justice and revenge are two seperate things; pulping the head of a scumbag like that would be at the most morally abivalent for me, and would probably be quite satisfying... but revenge and justice are two different things, and I like a society that administers justice, not one that codifies revenge.

I certainly don't think we have to accept that everything from all cultures is valid; the UN Human Right's Charter is a good place to start for defining minimum rights that no form of religious belief, scientific desire or political persuasion should be allowed to over rule.

StinkyPantz:

You , I quote statistics. Isn't that more annoying?

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Ab-

Ever thought, that maybe people on both sides are aware of the other person's argument so there's no need to elaborate? I was in highschool forensics, and when doing so we had to argue whatever side we were given. I could easily argue anti-CP if you wanted, I know the facts; I know the stats. I am sure that you are equally capable of doing the same for pro-CP. I respect you and I hope that you respect me as well. I just see no point in another endless thread about CP, do you?

If so, start a thread about it. I do believe this one is about "honor killings" in western lands.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Please get off the death penalty topic here. Get back on topic.....

My mother was married to an Iraqi.

He beat her senseless for no reason. No reason. Do you understand? No reason.

He liked beating women. That is how he was raised....IN IRAQ. Fine muslim values he learned.....

He learned that women are worthless. They are only good for cooking, cleaning and procreating. When he realized that the 10 year age difference WAS going to make a difference and she was not going to procreate and give him a little Zaia (his name) he started beating her. Severely.

I was away at college. When I came home at spring break and saw my mother Severely Beaten I had to offer him the same thing. Get beaten or get killed.

When men are taught from an early age that women are worthless, they treat women as worthless.

If I ever had the opportunity to go back in time I would make good on my promise to Zaia. I would cut off his penis in the middle of the night, shove it down is miserable throat and beat him to death for what he did to my mother. He put her unimaginable pain and suffering for two years. She hid it well from me.....

He would have killed her if I had not intervened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit