I am not redsetter, here is his message for you

by redsetter2 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Halcon
    Halcon
    Nowwhat- Now they're bitching to the elders in their latest letter that not enough bible studies are being started!

Interesting. Can someone put this letter on here?

• Ron.W.
  • FFGhost
    FFGhost

LOL at “number of Bible studies is decreasing”

Reduce pioneer hours to literally 1/2 of what it was a generation (sorry) ago, reduce auxiliary pioneer hours to a quarter of the old amount, stop requiring any hour count at all from the other 90% of JWs…..thus removing virtually all incentive, however misguided it was, to actually, you know, do anything in field serve-us…

Garsh, who’d a thunk it?

In the words of the great philosopher Gomer Pyle:

“Surprise, surprise, surprise!”

I know the gibbering bobbleheads have someone to monitor this site as well as Reddit, so allow me to address them directly:

<Ahem>

Idiots.

• Halcon
    Halcon

Ty Ron

Very interesting indeed. There are two things about this that stand out to me.

The first is that this truly comes across as very reactive. Even an elder in a congregation that is still 'all in' HAS to be asking himself "well what did you expect with all these changes?"

The other thing is that this type of announcement comes across as showing JW as being very dependent on actual effort by the members. It's contrasting to the idea that God's spirit will take care of things as important as the ministry for example.

I don't think this announcement was a good idea.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

That is what I was thinking, Halcon. If they change the reporting method to one that makes it possible to "be active" while doing a minimal amount of preaching, and this results in a drop in activity, it may be too late to do anything about it. Griping about the decrease in Bible studies may be a case of closing the barn doors after the horses have escaped.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Halcon - “…this type of announcement comes across as showing JW as being very dependent on actual effort by the members…”

Good catch. 👍

And, IMO, reinforces a couple suspicions I’ve had for a while…

…that there might be a lot more PIMOs than anybody thought (as strongly suggested by Covid/Zoom)…

…but more importantly…

…the Org leadership and loyalists truly cannot grasp that PIMOs genuinely no longer believe the WTS has “The Truth”.

’Cause if that weren’t the case, there’d likely be an uptick in activity.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    At least some percentage of 'Bible Studies' in recent years were what they called 'doorstep studies', where the publisher wouldn't even go inside, but have a recurring return visit that they reported as a study. With the drop in door to door reporting, this type of study has virtually disappeared
  • no-zombie
    no-zombie

Every older Witness knows that 'Studies' today are not at all like a 'Study' of the past. Now, a regular 5 minute chat is a 'Bible Study'. However their conversion rate into a Baptized Publisher, is minuscule when compared to ones of previous ages.

Which in many ways, is a direct result of the Governing Body's lower of the threshold of various spiritual activities and accomplishments. Clearly done to give good news of Kingdom growth, when in fact the Brotherhood was become more tired and less interested, as time has gone on.

Haven't we seen the same with the title of 'Auxiliary Pioneer'? Basically anyone with a heart beat, now qualifies. And of course, now we have the totally bogus tick box publisher reporting slip.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Oh, and in addition to my previous comments about how the reduced hour requirements lead to less activity and, hardly surprising, even less productivity….

There’s the whole “we just don’t know, Jehovah will do what is right” Hoo-ha regarding last minute repentance and those who have never received a witness (literally billions of people) during the great tribulation.

Tell me again, where is the incentive to preach and/or conduct more Bible studies, if that work on “this side” of the GT is essentially meaningless?

For all this talk about a “10 year plan”, all I see is evidence of bumbling decisions, thrashing about and throwing things out there to see what might work, in panicked reaction to circumstances.

• Halcon
    Halcon
    Vidiot -…that there might be a lot more PIMOs than anybody thought (as strongly suggested by Covid/Zoom)…
    …but more importantly…
    …the Org leadership and loyalists truly cannot grasp that PIMOs genuinely no longer believe the WTS has “The Truth”

All religions of course require faith from their members. I think it's safe to say that most members do WANT to believe still. But so much hinged on the pre-1995 generation teaching. It was rather 'exciting' to truly believe that you were going to see Armageddon soon.

30 years later, something has to change. And I guess they are. It's ironic that JW members will eventually have to believe what more or less all other religions believe if it's going stick around.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit