Bonsai Kitty

by suzi mayhem 84 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Hi emy,

I do agree that censorship is necessary to protect human life, ala, your yelling fire in a crowded theatre example. (I believe it was Judge Oliver Wendell Holmes who first used that example.) Short of direct danger, I think censorship should be kept to a minimum in both art and humor. My only complaint was DC's hollering for freedom in one arena, and screeming for censership in another.

Anyone who would attempt to impliment the kittie in a jar paridigm is either brain damaged or severly disturbed. The rest of us would either find joke to be funny or not funny.

• statler
    statler

Alanf 3 1
    5[8>]3

• dark clouds
    dark clouds

larc
    short and sweet
    cats are carnivorous creatures by nature, it would take lots of coaxing to change their diet, don't bother trying you are going against nature and the food chain
    (sorry about the what the cat dragged in story, sounded like a mess)

on the censorship and freedom thought:
    i understand why you would think that i am flip-flopping on the issue, but if you read my stance on it, i'm not.
    i made it very clear that all i am asking for is a warning if indeed it is a joke.

now the tomatoes in a jar, is hysterical and that is a prime satire and parody on the kitten issue

• dark clouds
    dark clouds

7006:

I understood what you did with the bonsai tomato, that falls within the context of parody, and it was quite clever. Also sticking fuckwits head in a jar was quite amusing because it is obvious that it is a touched up photograph. THIS is what is known as a parody taking a dark issue and lightening it up to ease the tension. Well done

I understand that it may seem as though i over reacted to you, but i personally know of kids who tormented animals when i was growing up, one way was by inserting firecrackers in the cat's assholes and lighting them up, another was by shooting them with BB guns, so perhaps because i have been exposed to such barbarism it is not so far fetched to think that animal cruelty happens, the same way that other forms of abusive behavior also occurs.

To dismiss it as a non-probability is to be ignorant of an on-going issue.

I think that putting out the ideas with instructions on how to torment doesnt help in bettering the issue of cruelty, nor is the medium a good one for aiding the criminally insane that just MIGHT try it, it doesn't help to feed their fire,
    Besides what IS exactly the object of parody in the bonsai kitten?
    extreme issues?
    the pendelum swings the opposite way to show what exactly?

Granted that many here see it as a joke, i personally don't. And it's ironic because i really don't get offended by much, but i do have a deep respect for life and i can see the difference between fiction and non, and though i am one for siding with the underdog, i do not like physical abuse on any level, nor any other type of abuse, for that matter.

Name calling can lead to verbal abuse, i dont really care for it but it is simply that on a medium like this, besides from what i have gathered in his response to some, Alan as of yet does not strike me as the senstive type, if his feelings got hurt he should not have flung the first stone, he seems to live in a glass house, and can't seem to take what he dishes out, i choose to give the same respect right back, fuckwit seems to be angry and hostile and i have had my fun with him,

i'm sure you will notice that i have not called you any names nor do i plan to, our level of debate has remained intellectual and all the names have been reserved for fuckwit. .

on the choice of being vegetarian:

It does not always imply that the person is an activist or that they should be, it is simply a prefered diet to the individual. There are many other reasons for chosing to not eat meat. Though animal cruelty comes up many times when the issue is raised, it does not define the parameters of the lifestyle of the person who has made the choice.

DC

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Dammit!! Why is this thread still going??!?!?!?!!??

Slipnslidemaster: Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit