Bonsai Kitty

by suzi mayhem 84 Replies latest jw friends

• emyrose
    emyrose

"No, I don't torture cats because I tell sick cat jokes. My wife and I used to have two cats. They were with us for a long time, until sadly enough, we ran out of groceries during a blizzard."

Larc, you crack me up, ha hah! I love your humor.

But seriously now, I think Dark Clouds is not necessarily a
    hypocrite because he expects the NYC mayor to ban the bonsi
    kitty site. You see he seems to be worried about the process.
    Creating that crazy humor may have included actual physical harming of the cats.
    The mural or painting the mayor banned wasn't created by taking
    a woman or the actual Virgin Mary and smearing dung on her against
    her will. We can't say that type of treatment did not occur in the kitty black humor creation process.

Also, while black humor may be of some good use, (for instance to help
    cops perform rationally on the job by allowing themselves to distance
    themselves from the sheer human tragedy of murder or torture), it is
    not entirely justified. I wouldn't condone child abuse, child molestation or human torture black humor. I'm not sure if I would
    censor it legally but I sure wouldn't enjoy it or support it in any way.
    There is a distinct difference between making fun of the torturing of
    cats and depicting the Virgin Mary with dung, which incidently is valued for its uses in some places in Africa. How would you have felt
    if the Virgin Mary was depicted, or any other human, as a bottled up zombie-like LIVING TORTURED soul? Would it have been humorous.... probably not.

LostMyReligion, "But I guess I do have an appreciation for some forms of offensive humor. But the point of that type of humor is sometimes to cause people to look at their own practices, prejudices, and preconcieved notions. Do they take themselves so seriously that they may have difficulty stepping back and looking at themselves or their culture and ask why they feel so offended."

I agree with this and think you have made an excellent observation.
    It probably was directed at the die-heart animal activists. But I want
    to add a further point. If we as the good and loving humans we like to think we are can
    find humor in the torture of living things, then we need to acknowledge that evil resides in everyone of us. If we can distance
    ourselves from that sort of pain in order to laugh, then the Jewish Holocaust is in us as a real possibility. SCARY, isn't it!

Emyrose

• larc
    larc

Emyrose,

Honey, as far as torture goes, you can torture me any time you want. Beat me, wipe me, make me write bad checks.

• Seeker
    Seeker

[quote]If we as the good and loving humans we like to think we are can
    find humor in the torture of living things, then we need to acknowledge that evil resides in everyone of us. If we can distance
    ourselves from that sort of pain in order to laugh, then the Jewish Holocaust is in us as a real possibility. SCARY, isn't it! [\quote]

Only if it were true, which it isn't. No one in this thread is finding humor in the torture of living things. After all, no living things were tortured to make that web site. It is a joke, not reality. Think of it as a Hollywood movie where you see an animal suffering on the screen and then at the end of the movie you see the tag line that 'No animals were harmed in the filming of this movie' and you realize it was all trickery to only make it appear the animal suffered.

If cats were really harmed, I'd be as outraged as the rest of you. But because not one cat was harmed in real life, I fail to see what the fuss is about. And to bring the holocaust into it is to cheapen what those victims went through. That was no joke and living creature were harmed, but this is a joke and no living creatures were harmed. A very key difference.

Much humor depends on things that, were they to be real, would be horrible. It is precisely the lack of reality that allows us to enjoy the surprise of the humor. To take an inocuous example, it is very funny to see Oliver Hardy get run over by a piano when Stan Laurel lets go. If that happened in real life, we'd be very concerned. But because it wasn't real, we laugh heartily in a feeling of release.

See the difference?

• jukief
    jukief

Dave said:

"It must come from all the tasteless, textures, VEGETARIAN food his wife tries to shove down his throat. I'm still gagging from the damn VEGETARIAN dinner I had with he and his family three years ago. Humus tastes like air and looks like ground up maggots."

I rarely visit this site and this is the first time I've posted. After all, my hubby does enough posting for both of us, doesn't he? But I couldn't ignore this comment, Dave. (By the way, I love the pictures! Glad it was Alan's photo this time instead of mine.)

I'm still trying to shove vegetarian food down Alan's throat, and he eats it without complaint. I have to keep talking him out of going to the Outback Steakhouse, though. :-) I'm going to have to tell Rella what you said about her humus, so watch out next time you see her. She's a sleep-deprived new mother, and she can be downright mean!

And look out, because when we visit you in Portland this summer, I'm going to make you eat some green and red peppers. So there.

I don't know about this site. Some of these people have absolutely no sense of humor. Geesh.

JukieF

• dark clouds
    dark clouds

Larc
    I dont care for the ACC
    and i am firmly against it
    i think it is an infringement
    and a step away from fascism
    but
    if salaries are going to be paid for such an organization
    and those salaries are derived from taxes
    then let them work for it so long as they are around . . .
    the only hypocrite here is Giuliani for starting such a movement because it affects HIS own personal beliefs.

He has his own agenda and that is WHY
    he is "cleaning" the city from things HE doesn't want to see
    ie. the virgin stained w/ dung. . .

If he indeed was truly concerned with the future of the city or the bettering of life he might appoint his panel to look into a parody that mimics behavior known to be characteristic of young serial killers

If indeed he was sincere about his movement
    he would have at least looked into it
    and have the ACC demand a warning before entering the site
    instead
    he is busy SHUTTING down clubs that have been open for years because SUDDENLY there are codes that are not being met
    and OPENING web sites that will increase revenue for the city
    it is all about benjamins for the mayor buddy!!

I do not condone the ACC because it affects the works of some of my friends i don't waddle on this issue
    free speech is a right

as far as the
    maddonna smeared in dung
    it was not done to a living being
    against their will --- --- --- thanks for bringing that up emy
    the elephant was not hurt
    and neither was the virgin
    only the thing hurt were the feelings of those offended

if people want to riot over a painting then let them
    the intellectuals will see the art
    and the Cro-Magnons will duke it out

protecting life should not be THAT difficult to understand

censorship steps on your toes and takes YOUR choice away from YOU.

example if you are into scat (eating feces) and golden showers more power to you and what ever gets you off at the end of the day
    the govenrment should not regulate your fetish
    As long as YOU have a choice and are choosing to partake
    FREELY OF YOUR OWN WILL

CHOICE
    being the key
    the cat had no choice
    and yes i had a choice to look at the site
    and yes --- i chose to
    and it left me perplexed. . .

because I received it as part of a petition email
    with several thousand signatures on it and a link to the site,
    which apparently many others did not seem to find amusing either
    prior to this email i had never heard of nor seen the site and the context in which it was received seemed to be upsetting many
    who made no reference to parody either.

Almost everyone here know Beavis and Butthead
    this MTV cartoon show needed to have a disclaimer before the show started airing into its second season
    and the 2 morons had to stop shouting FIRE FIRE!!
    because kids where becoming pyromaniacs

now if a cartoon required a warning to prevent hazards
    ---and it was heartwrenching for me to not hear them scream FIRE!!!---
    what about a live kitten in a jar?????
    c'mon that was NO cartoon
    even if it may have been photoshop its fucked up
    all i am saying that it should have had a warning
    for those of us that found it disturbing

my humor is dark
    twisted and warped
    and it takes alot to get to me
    but somehow
    i could not even begin to see humor in it
    i felt sympathetic claustrophobia

i'm sitting here eating my carrots and humus,
    which btw 7006
    gawd knows what you were fed
    because it sure ain't supposed to be lumpy!!!
    sure it wasn't grits or cracklin???

the points you made were valid about the skins and furs if they are too old they are useless
    the leather to which i refered would be the one coming from the animals supporting the meat industry or animals that were hunted for survival purposes. . .

btw Fuckwit Sorry you are fat

• seven006
    seven006

Alan's Wife,

If you guys come out, you know you have a place to stay. I'll let you use any room in the house as if it was your own except the kitchen.

Tell Rilla, I love her and I miss her but her humus tastes like shit.

Alan and I are going to eat live chickens with some fava beans and a nice glass of kool aid.

Dave

• jukief
    jukief

Dark Clouds, sorry you don't know how to use capitalization and punctuation. And quit saying my husband is fat, will you? If you don't, we're both going to find you and SIT ON YOU.

Dave, in college I worked in a virology lab and we used chickens as research animals. I had to clean up after them, do necropsies on them, etc. I hate chickens, but even so, if you and Alan want to eat live ones, I'll pass. I'll have lunch with my son instead. :-) And I want beer, not koolaid. Might take you up on the offer to stay in your house. Thanks!

JukieF

• AlanF
    AlanF

Fat Fuck Wit to Skinny Nit Wit:

I'm am vewy happy to wepoht dat my fat ith confined to my bewwy.

By thum twick of anatummy youhth hath migwated to youh hed.

Alanf 'Fat Fuck Wit' F

• dark clouds
    dark clouds

Gawd Jukie
    i'm really scared now there are 2 of you
    please don't breed!!!
    for the love of life
    spare humanity

and alan
    don't type with your mouthful
    manners, what has become of them?

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

WOW! Kitten in a jar! That's great! I wonder how long the shelf life is? I'm sure that my pantry will be full now. Kitten is soooo good with a little sweet and sour sauce! It's great that I can stock up now...because after about 1/2 an hour, you're hungry again!

You people who are truly upset about this...I bet you are the same ones who used to run to elders and cry because someone offended you.

Dark, you seem to br more concerned with animal cruelty than human cruelty. You are the one who is warped. You kiss your mother with that mouth?

"Forget the tribe, my pants have spoken."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit