Introducing Our Rockstar Governing Body

by pale.emperor 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jp1692
    jp1692

So basically, Watchtower of January 2016 Study Edition, page 27: these pictures are photographic evidence that everyone in them are disrespectful, arrogant sinners lacking in theocratic humility.

• btlc
    btlc

It is just a golden calf syndrome: it's not right, we don't encourage it, but, hmmm, give people what they want...

• steve2
    steve2

I recall seeing several different photos of a slightly smiling Nathan Knorr at the 1958 International Convention in Yankee Stadium posing with wide-smilling JWs.

This ain't that new.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

What is new bout the photo thing is now there is the internet to post your trophies for all the world to see and in the case of pathetic wannabe groupies and celebrity GB members to laugh at.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If I give a book to someone as a gift I might sign it too. But I would tend to describe it as an inscription not an autograph.

In decades past, particularly when there was still a charge for the literature, sometimes JWs would buy WT books and give them as gifts with inscriptions inside.

"To Betty, love from May, Edinburgh Assembly 1969"

So maybe the GB "signing" Bibles and giving them to Cuban officials a gifts was not all that peculiar, if it was intended as a friendly gesture.

Initially I had the notion of JW "fans" presenting the GB with Bibles to autograph. But clearly that's not the situation.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes rock stars leaders of Jehovah's lying and corrupt earthly publishing house.

• rebel8
    rebel8

WHY. The. F^(& would anyone want a bible autographed by leadership of a cult that claims to be superior for having no leadership?! Ah, the hypocrisy!

LOL @ the dishwasher analysis!

Little sisters rocking Vancouver

And just BTW...how this cult tries to normalize itself. Sleeveless dresses? No hosiery? That was NOT allowed in my day.

• steve2
    steve2

JWs are simply obeying the uplifting sentiment expressed in the following Scripture:

"And you shall bask in the light of their glory and when the Great Tribulation strikes, Jehovah your God will say, 'You're good - I've got a photo of you shining with one of Christ's brothers'.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

How many dishes does he intend to wash, other than the one for this Photo Op?

Tie on, jewellery on, sleeves down not rolled up.

WBT$ GB "Rock Star" Pope.

Phoney Baloney Tony.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/be/ec/e2/beece2b6fd1e9a31db6d34614761c92c.jpg

• careful
    careful

Splane is out of uniform! Even the R&F other sheep brother (assumed, of course) next to him is more "theocratic" with his tie on. Faithfully theocratic tight pants Tony has kept his tie on when washing dishes. Shouldn't someone speak to David Splane about his bad example?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit