Im Writing An Ex-JW Self Help Book

by pale.emperor 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I vote 'surviving the Jehovahs witness minefield' as the fall guy suggested, as it sounds more inclusive of a variety of situations, say for those who need to learn how to live with jw family once left etc etc

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Please include the warning to not wear "tight pants"!

just saying!

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    I reckon it'll be done before Dec 2018.

Great idea. Great choice of topics.

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

Love the Wide Awake title!

Very cool idea - sounds alot more practical/pragmatic and less memoir than the books out there from former members.

Yeah, people have to demonize you to justify their harsh treatment. It actually proves they know they are doing something wrong and feel guilty about it. The more guilt-the more need to justify their wrong behavior.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Excellent idea, well done. Suggestions on creating a new friendship circle would be good. We're all sociable creatures; it's not natural to be isolated. Isolation is used as a punishment in some penal systems, over here we talk about sending someone to Coventry as a punishment. Enforced loneliness for breaking religious rules is cruel and heart breaking. Anything to help break out of that isolation is good. Apostafests are great for meeting fellow ex's. Joining a bowls club, darts team or similar can help rebuild social confidence. Just don't accept being alone and friendless as an option.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

PE.

I know the work that goes into writing a book, so doing this for free is a wonderful thing to do.

I look forward to it.

• Onager
    Onager

Looking forward to reading!

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

Great idea. After I left someone I've known and been friends with for years and years said "we have nothing in common any more". So because I'm no longer a jw all the other things we had in common don't count coz our religious views differ. Look forward to reading your book

• Chook
    Chook

For normal people l could say “you will make your mum proud” but I think your mum might include this book in her annual book burning. Wide Awake is good . Watchtower Repair Manual , Surviving Satan , When Love Runs dry , Lost 200 friends am I bad ? Black Sheep torch , The healing hangover,

i cant wish you fame or fortune writing this book , but for every dear soul that benefits from reading will create a forever grateful person that you have helped heal and prevented suicide . Your motives are pure , we all wish you well.

• steve2
    steve2

I like your interest in helping others. However, in recent years there has been a proliferation of books out there that seem to cover similar ground (i.e., what to do when you leave, etc).

Check out some of these books which should give you a helpful idea of whether and to what extent your book would be covering the same or similar ground.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit