Im Writing An Ex-JW Self Help Book

by pale.emperor 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Thanks for the sentiments and advice guys.

I like your interest in helping others. However, in recent years there has been a proliferation of books out there that seem to cover similar ground (i.e., what to do when you leave, etc).

Check out some of these books which should give you a helpful idea of whether and to what extent your book would be covering the same or similar ground.

I'm aware of this, this is why it isnt going to be about me or "what JWs believe". It's intended for those who are were JWs and have found themselves DFd or those who have left and find it hard to adjust. Some return simply because they don't know how to cope or because the cult never left them.

Lloyd Evans is writing one on HOW to leave the JWs. Again, this isnt covering how to leave. It's about surviving after you're already out.

This book intends to fill that gap.

• darkspilver
  • JaniceA
    JaniceA

Have chapters for "studies" and love interests. Sunnybear has a not uncommon JW problem, not dissimilar to the Muslim woman recently posting of JW players trying to live their 2faced lives and drag some poor victim along for the ride. This seems to be What the Dr. Phil husband did in getting his wife involved, too.

• millie210
    millie210

You have a clear and relatable style.

You are the perfect one to write a book!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Brilliant!

Well done PE.

I will happily contribute some funds to your efforts? Have you started a go-fund-me or something similar?

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I will happily contribute some funds to your efforts? Have you started a go-fund-me or something similar?

Thanks stuck, but i don't think that will be necessary.

My conscience does not permit me to make money of offering help. It's not as if im gonna publish it in paper and ink. With PDF, epub and mobi and can publish myself.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Go For It!

Leaving Jehovah's Witnesses

:What To Expect - How To Cope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit